With HP printers being one of the most essential assets in our daily work life, it becomes almost impossible for everyone to keep up with day to day activities when it stops working. Whether it’s an HP printer or any others, we need to ensure that the printer works perfectly fine when we are in the middle of an important work. However, sometimes we have to face the hardship of dealing with a HP printer that stops working all of a sudden. For instance, HP printer stop working in your windows 10 after an update is very common occurrence. There are several reasons for an HP printer stop working in your windows 10 issue.
Reasons for Your HP Printer Not Working After Windows 10 Update
Some HP printers are not compatible with windows 10. Therefore, you need to be careful while choosing the right type of HP printer before you make a purchase. You should check the compatibility of the printer with windows 10 and choose the printer.
The common reasons that may stop the HP printer after windows update to windows10 are –
- Poor Connection
While configuring the HP printer you should ensure that the cable you are using is in good condition and the connection you are making is not loose. For wireless printers, you should ensure speed network connectivity. If you are connecting the PC and the printer to different networks the HP printer may not work.
To solve the issue, you should check the cables and network connections of the printer. If required change the cable for the printer, in case of wired HP printers. For wireless HP printers connect the HP printer and the PC to the same network. You should ensure that the network you are using is within a good connectivity range and can deliver high speed.
- HP Printer Installation Issue
If the HP printer you are using is not installed properly, it may not work properly. You have to remove and reinstall the printer to get it back to work. To remove the HP printer, follow the below steps –
- Click on the start button.
- Then go to settings.
- Select devices then click on printers & scanners.
- Under printers & scanners click on the printer you are using.
- Then click on remove device. Now your device is removed successfully.
After removing the HP printer, you have to reinstall the device in your PC. To reinstall the printer, follow the below steps –
- Select the start button on your PC.
- Then go to settings.
- Click on devices then select printers & scanners.
- Under printers & scanners select “Add a printer or scanner” option.
- Wait for the completion of the search for the new devices.
- After the search gets completed a device list will appear. Choose your device from the list and click on add device.
- Power Issue
Sometimes the HP printer not printing properly due to power issue. To solve the issue, you have to restart your HP printer.
- Printer Spooler Error
The service that helps done your printing job properly is the Printer. Due to a number of technical errors, the printer spooler may stop working, making the printing job harder. The issue can be solved by restarting the printer spooler service. To restart the printer spooler service, follow the below steps that can helps in to resolve hp printer not working after windows 10 update issue.
- Press windows button +R
- Type services.msc and click on enter.
- A new window will open. In that window find printer spooler and do double click on it.
- A new small window will open. There in service status click on stop button.
- Then click on start button and then click on ok.
- Printer Driver Error
Many times, we forget to update our old drivers and that creates a lot of errors for your printer. The printer driver error is one of the main reasons for your HP printer not working properly issue. The driver error occurs due to the wrong driver or outdated driver. You have to select the proper driver for the printer so that the printer can work properly. To solve the issue, you can install new drivers or update the old drivers.
- Printer Offline Configuration Issue
When your HP Printer stops working in your Windows 10, check the configuration. If in the setting of the printer, it is selected to use the printer in offline mode, the printer will not work properly. To solve this issue, you have to unselect the “use printer offline “option in printer settings. To do that follow the below steps –
- Click on the start button of your computer.
- Go to settings.
- Then select devices and under devices click on printers and scanners.
- Now click on devices and printers.
- Then select the printer you are using.
- Do right click on the printer.
- Click on see what’s printing option from the dropdown menu.
- Select ‘printer’ option from the upper left corner.
- A dropdown menu will appear. There unselect ‘use printer offline’ option.
- The Printer Is Connected to The Wrong Port
This is another reason for the HP printer not working in Windows 10 after an update. If the HP printer is connected to a wrong port, the printer may not work properly. To make the printer working again you have to reconfigure the printer to the appropriate port. To do that follow the below steps –
- Click the start button on your PC.
- Go to settings.
- Then click on devices and select printer & scanners under devices.
- Then select devices and printers.
- From the device list select the printer you are using and do right-click on it.
- From the dropdown menu select properties.
- Under properties select change properties in the general section.
- Then select the ’ports’ option and click on the port which contains your printer name.
- Then click on Apply to complete the process.
- Inappropriate Printing Task
Another reason you printer not working can be you sending a lot of “print” command at just one go.
In that case, you should stop all the tasks sent to the printer and resend the documents for printing. This can help to solve the HP printer not working issue.
Apply these strategies to see why your hp printer not working after windows 10 update. If you have this little information, you can solve your issue whenever you require. However, even after trying all these the printer still does not work, contact your HP customer care.