Brother Printer Setup and Installation
Why is Brother Printer Not Connected to Mac Or Not Working With MAC?
The most common reason why Brother printer is not printing & connecting to Mac is due to the loss of connection between printer and Mac.
There are mainly two common reasons for that-
- The first reason is wrong settings and configuration of printer drivers.
- Second reason is faulty or outdated printer drivers.
There are multiple troubleshooting ways by which the above mentioned issues can be resolved.
Steps to Connect Brother Printer to MAC:
Sometimes a Brother printer user faces issue that the printer is not responding to the MAC device. Therefore we have mentioned few troubleshooting steps to connect Brother printer to Mac:
- Select the Apple menu and click on ‘system preferences’ option.
- Now click on the printer and scanner option and and hold the control key from keyboard.
- Next click on the reset printer option your printer as his will reset the printer in a hassle free manner.
- Thereafter remove your printer from ‘printer and scanners’ section of your Mac by clicking on ‘-‘ sign.
- Now add your printer by clicking on the ‘+’ sign
- Finally select your Brother printer from the list of available printers. Your printer will be now setup and ready to use.
How will Mac Recognise Brother Printer?
The Mac operating system has a lot of preinstalled printer drivers in the system. The only thing you need to ensure is that the printer is able to recognize the Mac device and vice versa. Follow the above mentioned steps to connect your printer
How do fix the issue 'Brother's printer not Responding to Mac':
Follow these below mentioned steps to resolve Brother Printer not Responding to MAC Machine:
- The Brother printer needs to be switched off and turned on again so that it resets the printer
- You need to delete the printer from the system preferences so that the printer can be re added to the Mac device.
Use the following steps to reset the printer:
- Click the apple menu icon, Click printer & scanners.
- Right click the control click the list for the available devices.
- Click on resetting printing system, click reset button to ensure printer is reset.
Brother’s printer and Mac device not connecting:
The Mac device automatically connects the device to WIFI and downloads the relevant drivers. Therefore you need to click the device and uncheck the option ‘printer is used offline’.
- Mac starts the troubleshooting itself so that the printer can be fixed on its own.
- Brother Offline printers need to be reset and loaded once again.
- Make sure all the USB cables are in power.
- There should be no paper jam make sure the paper is aligned properly.
Troubleshooting Steps for Brother Printer not connecting to Mac are as below:
Follow these guidelines if your ‘Brother Printer not Connecting to MAC’:
- Choose your printer by clicking the online button and select your Brother printer from the list.
- Click the reset button on the printer machine.
- Hit on the Apple menu and spot devices choices and click on ‘print and test’.
- Press the control key and click on the right hand side corner to see printer within the printers listing.
- Now select your printer from the listing. Once the printer is selected download and deploy the driver.
- Now you can continue to use your printer as you have reinstalled the printer.
If you still face error with your printer then there might be a possibility of a hardware damage. You can get your printer replaced in such case if its under warranty.
Steps to Connect Brother Printer with CD on MAC
- Firstly unplug the cable of your Brother printer from power outlet and printer socket and re-plug them again and turn on the printer.
- Next insert the CD in your Mac which came along with your printer.
- Now your printers driver installation setup will open. Agree with the license terms and click ‘next’ and follow the process to install the drivers.
- Now click on the Apple menu and select ‘system preferences’.
- Click on ‘printer and scanners’ and click on the add (+) button.
- Select your printer from available printers and add it. Hence your printer setup is complete.
- Lastly you can quit system preferences.
Brother printers are cost effective printers as these printers facilitate printing for work and school, college projects, in addition to printing we can copy and scan from the printer the printer works through a USB and also a wireless connection. Mac devices are compatible with brother printers but the device is not connected because firewall enablement stops the printer from printing. There are multiple ways to resolve the issue of Mac not connecting effectively to the printer. Faulty hardware, outdated software paper jam, low or no ink toners are the key reasons why the printer does not print while it is connected to MAC and often shows offline.