Canon ij setup- Steps to Connect With IJ Start Canon Setup
In this article we have explained the process to install Canon printer via canon ij setup instruction. We have explained the setup process for both wired and wireless connection for Windows and Mac operating system.
Installing and Setting Up Canon Printer On Windows - Canon ij Setup Guide
- Firstly, download and install your printers driver from ‘Canon IJ Setup’.
- Turn on your Canon printer and make sure that it is properly plugged in with the power switch.
- Thereafter, open the downloaded file of driver setup and click on next till the time you see screen where you see option of choosing “Wireless Setup”.
- Now after selecting the wireless option, Go to your Canon printer screen and tap on WiFi setup button.
- Select the device settings and click on OK.
- Next, Choose Device Settings>LAN Settings and press ‘OK’ button
- LAN Settings>Wireless Lan Setup and press on ‘OK’. Now your printer will search for access point.
- Make sure that your WiFi router is turned on. Now, WiFi flash lamp will blink on the printer.
- Next, a network list will appear on the screen. Select your WiFi network from the list and press on ‘OK’.
- Now it will ask for your WPA/WEP key (WiFi password). Enter your correct password here and press on ‘OK’ button
- In a few moments your printer will connect to WiFi network.
- Hence, by using the above steps you can easily do Canon ij wireless setup for your Windows system.
To make sure your printer is added on your Windows system, follow these steps-
- Go to the ‘control panel’ and choose ‘device and printer’ option.
- Check if your printer is visible on the next screen with a green check mark. If not, then you need to manually add on by clicking on ‘Add printer’ option.
- Now you will see the list of all available printers on screen. Select your Canon printer from it.
- Tap next for wait for few second for your printer to get added.
- Once it is added, you will see your printer added with a green check mark.
Above these steps are to ensure and add on wirelessly on windows if you have the USB & want to setup canon ij printer on windows follow these steps as below:
- Firstly Make Sure Printer and Windows System switch on.
- Then Download driver & finish the setup by following instruction
- Connect Printer and Windows System with USB Cable
- Open the Control panel from Run Dialog box from windows search option
- Select Device and Printer option and check printer is appear if not available you can add manually by choosing the option present on top right corner.
- Finally Printer will added now and appear with Green Check Sign.
Installing and setting up Canon Ij printer on Mac using https://canon.com/ijsetup
- Firstly, download and setup driver through https://www.canon.com/ijsetup and go for the next step.
- Follow the steps given above in the first section of this write up to connect Canon printer to WiFi network.
- Next, open the ‘Apple’ menu and click on ‘System Preferences’.
- Now click on the printer shaped icon known as “Printers and scanners” from the System preferences window.
- Click on the “+” sign present near the bottom left corner of the screen after which a pop window will appear.
- You will be able to see your printer’s name in the left-hand pane if it is already connected over the network.
- Click on the name which will then prompt the printer to begin the setup process. Once the process completes you will see your printer’s name on the pane on the left side of the window.
Conclusion : We hope this write up about Canon ij setup comes to your best use while installing your Canon printer on the Windows computer as well as Mac. Happy printing!