Canon Printer Setup and Installation
Troubleshooting Guide For Canon Printer Offline Error
This write up focuses on Canon printer offline error. In the subsequent section we have discussed about the main reasons which causes the offline error. Furthermore, in the write up we have explained the effective troubleshooting steps for Windows and MAC Operating System.
Let’s Explore The Potential Reasons Behind- 'Canon Printer is Offline' Error
Canon printer offline error occurs when the printer is unable to receive any print commands from the system. The common reasons for this problem are described in brief below:
- Default settings issue: Wrong default printer settings may be the reason due to which your Canon printer goes offline. Therefore you need to make sure that your printer is selected as ‘Default Printer’.
- Use Printer Offline Enable – Offline Status option not disabled that’s why printer may be goes in offline state.
- Printer spooler error: A technical error in the printer spooler maybe the cause of this offline problem.
- Inappropriate paper feeding: The jamming of the printing sheets in the Canon printer is a common cause due to which you may face ‘Offline’ error. Therefore make sure that the papers are properly inserted in the Machine.
- Issues with the USB: A poor connection between the printer USB & the computer due to loose wiring may result in ‘Offline’ error. So make sure that the connection between printer and computer is made properly.
- Due to the connection error: Improper connection or no connection between the computer and Wifi router may break off the connection between printer & wi-fi router causing ‘offline’ error.
So these are some of the reasons due to which Canon printer says offline. However in the next section we will talk about the effective solution for ‘Canon printer keep going offline error’ on Windows 10 computer and Mac machine.
Why my Canon printer keeps going offline on Windows 10?
How to Fix Canon Printer Showing Offline Error in Windows 10
Firstly let us check the basic connection issue which may show ‘Canon printer is offline’ status on Windows 10 . So ensure your printer is receiving power properly and is connected to the computer either through the USB cable or through a wireless network.
Check for your Canon ‘Printer Set as Default’ Settings: Due to the wrong settings in the computer Canon printer can show offline error. Therefore, check your Windows 10 settings and make sure that your printer is selected as the “Default printer”.
Follow these steps to setup as default your canon printer
- Open ‘Control Panel’ from windows search and go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- Next from the shown printers, right click on your Canon printer and select the option of ‘set as default’. Once your printer is set as default, you will see a Green check mark on it.
Disabled ‘Use Printer Offline’ Status: Follow the given steps to make sure your Canon printer is free from errors-
- Firstly, restart your printer and open run box from Windows search bar. Thereafter, open control panel and select ‘Device and Printers’.
- Next, your installed Canon printer will be shown on your screen.
- If you see your printer with a green check mark, then right click on your printer icon and select ‘See what’s printing’ option. However, if you see your printer in grey color, right click on it and select ‘Set as default printer’ option. Refer to the image below.
- For the final step, click on the printer option and from there if you see two check marks beside the option of ‘use canon printer offline’ or ‘Pause Printing’, uncheck them to bring your printer back online from offline mode.
Make sure Canon Printer’s Spooler Service is Turned ON:
Ensure that Canon printers spooler server is turned ‘ON’. If it’s ‘OFF’ then your Windows 10 system will show “my Canon printer is offline” error.
Therefore you make sure that your spooler service is turned on by following the below steps-
- Go to the Window search bar and open ‘Run’ dialog box. Then, type ‘services.msc’ and hit Enter.
- Now from the shown ‘properties’ window locate ‘printer spooler’ option from the list. Once located, make sure that the status of spooler is in ‘running mode’. If the status is not in the running mode, right click on the printer spooler and select the ‘Start’ option.
- If you want to restart the printer spooler service then right click on the ‘Printer Spooler’ option and select ‘Restart ‘ option.
- Now close the ‘Properties’ window and check the status of your printer. It should now be in ‘online’ mode.
Hopefully by following these steps you will be able to resolve your ‘Canon printer Goes offline on Windows 10‘ error.
Faulty or Outdated Printer Drivers Can Also Lead to the Canon Printer offline Error: Outdated or faulty printer drivers can be the reason for ‘Canon Printer Goes offline Windows 10’ status. Make sure you install and update the correct printer drivers for your system. You can update it manually or automatically.
Follow these steps to update Canon printer Driver :
- First go to the search box on Windows system and open ‘run’ dialog box
- Then type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the run dialog box as shown below in the image.
- Next Device manager window will open. From there expand the ‘print queues’ option to find your Canon printer from the list.
- Then right click on your Canon printer model and click on ‘Update Driver’ option from the menu.
- Next Click on the ‘Search automatically option’ to update driver software and then reboot your computer. These steps will resolve your offline problem on Windows 10 for Canon printer.
Why My Canon Printer Is Offline on Mac ?
Communication problem between Mac & printer may cause ‘Printer Offline’ error in Canon Printer. Some of the most common questions asked by Mac users regarding this problem are-
- My Wireless Printer Status Is Offline on Mac
- How to Get My Printer Back on a Mac When It Is Offline
- Why my Canon printer says offline? How do I fix it?
- How to Get Canon Printer Online on MAC ?
- Why my Canon printer keeps going offline on my Mac device ?
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix ‘Canon Printer Keeps Going offline On MAC’ Error
Follow these two methods to fix Canon printer is showing offline on Mac
1 . USB Connection Method to Get Back Printer ‘Online’ from ‘Offline’ Mode:
- First press and hold power button to hard reboot the Canon printer.
- Now go the the ‘Printer and Scanner’ option using ‘System Preference’ on MAC and delete your printer from your MAC Device.
- Then uninstall the Canon printer driver from ‘Utilities’.
- Now unplug the MAC and printer with USB cable
- Thereafter, download the latest version of Canon printer drivers from its official website (as per your Canon Printer’s model number) and install it on your Mac.
- Now press and hold the power button to restart the Canon Printer.
- Again connect your MAC and Printer using USB cable.
- Thereafter, click on ‘Apple’ menu and open ‘System and Preference’. Now open ‘Printer and Scanners’ & add new printer using the ‘+’ sign.
- Now your Canon printer status will be ‘online’ and it’s ready for use.
2. Reset Apple’s Printing System
Poor network settings may affect the printing system because of which Canon printer may shows offline on mac. Therefore to fix this error follow the below steps-
- First go to the Apple Menu
- Then select the ‘System Preferences’ option.
- Next click on the ‘Printer & scanner’ option.
- After that a pop window will open in the left panel. Right click and select ‘Reset Printing System’ Option.
- It will ask you for a user name and password. Enter both the credentials.
- Now Click on the ‘OK’ button.
- Wait for a Moment until printer list open.
- Then at the end add the printer again using the ‘+’ sign.
- Now your printer will get back ‘online’ from ‘offline’ mode and it’s ready for printing.
Conclusion– This article provides troubleshooting steps to fix ‘Canon printer keep going offline’ error on Windows and MAC operating system. Feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.
Keep reading this space to stay technologically updated. Know more about HP printer offline issues by clicking on the link.