Canon Inc., multinational Japanese company manufactures a range of products comprising the camera, camcorders, steppers, computer printers and medical equipment headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The company was founded on 10 August 1937 with the joint efforts of Takeshi Mitarai, Goro Yoshida, Takeo Maeda, and Saburo Uchida. In today’s world of technology, users are spoilt for choice and if you go to buy a printer you would be left with a huge number of choices to choose from. Canon printers stand out of the crowd owing to the various reasons as the modern range of its printers are Cloud ready due to which the multiple users can access through the same printing machine saving you from purchasing multiple sets especially in an office environment, Security is the second best reason to opt for this brand. It offers safe login features as password login, proxy card swiping and the fingerprint recognition thus preventing the cases of theft or hack. Other reasons to opt Canon over others are the innovative technology involving the customizable interface, excellent scanning quality and high printing speed providing satisfactory results to its users. Canon printing brand also takes pride in being renowned as the environment-friendly product as it takes safe reusable plastic for printing operation thus ensuring less wasteful production.
The present writeup has been designed to aid our readers in the situation when the canon printer shows offline message. In the subsequent section, we will be talking about the main reasons behind the offline message, ways to efficiently troubleshoot it, along with the Canon offline fix for the offline error that pops up after updating the system to Windows 10.
Let’s Explore the Potential Reasons Behind the Canon Printer Offline Message!
A common error i.e, the offline error certainly means that the printer is unable to receive any commands from your system and thereby unable to carry out its functions. We have penned down the most common reasons causing this error and the Canon printer’s offline fix as well. Read on.
An inappropriate paper feeding:The jamming of the printing sheets in the printers most certainly leads to the “Offline” error. Ensure that the papers are properly fed in the machine.
Issues with the USB: A poor connection between the USB and the system, loose wiring or a dysfunctional USB lead to the “Offline” error. Rebooting the system removes minor glitches and fixes the issue.
Technical connection error: Improper or no connection between the computer and the wireless router, a sudden break off between wifi printer and router and in case the printer chooses wrong access point and not the desired one are the causes that lead to printer’s “Offline” status.
Configuration issues: Issues with the configuration also leads to the “Offline” status.
Default settings issue: Sometimes the reason for the offline status is the wrong setting of the default printer. You need to ensure that the printer you are working on is set as a default printer by accessing the printer folders.
As talked above regarding the canon printer Offline status, in the ensuing section we will be talking about the effective ways to rectify the canon printer offline error in Windows 10 computer.
How to Fix Canon Printer Offline Error in Windows 10
Just upgraded your operating system to Windows 10 and receive canon printer “Offline” status? We have got the solution to change printer status from Canon Printer offline Windows 10 to online.
First and foremost let’s look at the basic factor that can cause canon printer offline status is the basic connectivity issue. Check whether your printer is receiving power and that it is connected to the computer properly either by the USB cable or through a wired/wireless network.
Check for your Canon Printer’s Pairing with Windows 10: Wrong settings in the computer can also lead to Canon Printer offline Windows 10 status. Check your Windows 10 settings and make sure that in its settings your printer is selected as the “Default printer”.
Faulty Printer Drivers Can Also Lead to the Canon Printer offline Error: Outdated or faulty printer drivers can lead to the printer’s “Canon Printer offline Windows 10“ status. Make sure you install and update the correct printer drivers for your system. You can do it either manually or automatically.
Check & Ensure that Your Canon Printer Status is Error Free: Often times the driver update by Windows 10 automatically changes the printer settings leading to “Canon Printer status offline Windows 10 “error. Follow the given steps to ensure your printer is free from such an error.
- After restarting your printer, press the Windows logo and “I” key simultaneously Thereafter click the “Devices” option.
- Select the “Devices and Printers” from the dialogue box.
- Here in this step if you see your printer with a green check mark, right click on your printer icon and select “See what’s printing” option. However, if you see your printer in the grey color option, right click on it and select “Set as default printer option”.
- As the last step, click on the “Printer” option. In case you see check marks beside the options “Use canon printer offline” and “canon printer Pause printing”, click on them and remove them and you are successfully done with the entire process.
- Make sure your Canon Printer’s Spooler Service is Turned ON: Windows 10 system will show the offline status if the canon printer’s spooler service is inappropriately turned off. In such a case ensure that the printer spooler is in working condition. Thereafter restart it and follow the below mentioned steps.
- Press the Windows logo and “R” key simultaneously. Type” service.msc” and hit Enter.
- Now from the “Properties “ window that appears, press “P” to locate the printer spooler from the list. Ensure that the status should be in the “Running mode”.If the status is not in the running mode, right click on the printer spooler and select the “Start” option.
- If you wish to restart the printer spooler service, right click on the “Printer Spooler” option and select “Restart “ option.
- Now close the “Properties” window and check the status of your printer. It should now be online.
Hope the above writeup by “Easy Printer Support” regarding the Canon printer offline status with the Canon printer offline fixes comes to your maximum advantage. Let us know your feedback and the topics you would want us to write upon.
Keep reading this space to stay technologically updated & If you have HP printer want to know about HP printer offline issues visit our blog section.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: