A Quick Guide To Connect Canon Printer To Mac Computer
In this article we have explained the ways by which you can connect Canon printer to your Mac computer easily.
Steps to Connect Canon Printer To Wireless Network
Here are the simple steps to connect Canon wireless printer to Mac:
- Turn on your Canon printer.
- Ensure that your router has a WPS button available. Also, make sure that your network is using WPA or WPA2 security protocol.
- Now tap on the Wi-Fi button and hold it until the alarm lamp blinks once.
- Here a light in a wifi lamp must blink in blue color.As soon as it happens go to the router and click on the WPS button.
- Make sure to press the button for two minutes or else the connection will be disrupted.
- If the Wi-Fi light blinks, it means that the printer is searching for the available networks.
- Once the Wi-Fi connects to the wireless router, the power lamp and the Wi-Fi lamp will blink.
- Now wait patiently for the connection to be completed. Once connected, the power light and Wi-Fi lamp will stop blinking.
- Now you will need to download Canon printer’s driver from here.
- Thereafter install the driver setup by following the onscreen steps.
- After completion of setup, you printer will be ready for use.
Now your Mac device is successfully connected to your Canon printer. Hope these above steps answered your question of “how to connect Canon wireless printer to MAC”.
Ways To Connect Canon Printer To Mac Using Wired Connection
Follow these steps to connect Canon printer to MAC using wired connection:
- Firstly turn on your Canon printer.
- Download the Canon printer driver from the Canon’s website. Thereafter install the driver by following the on-screen instructions.
- Now connect the USB cable of your printer with your Mac device and printer.
- Once the driver installation completes, click on the ‘Apple’ menu and select ‘System Preferences’.
- Select and open the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option.
- Add your Canon printer by clicking on the ‘+’ option.
- Here select your Canon printer model from the list of available printers and click on ‘Add’.
- Keep following the installation process. Your printer setup is now finished and you can enjoy the printing experience.
Conclusion: This writeup will assist users in connecting their Canon printer with Mac. However if the above troubleshooting steps do not come to your rescue, fell free to reach us for further assistance on our helpline number.