Steps To Connect Canon Printer With Various Devices such as Laptop, PC, MAC
Canon printers are easy to set up and connect with various devices. You can use these simple steps to connect this printer with laptop, PC, and Mac using simple steps. You do not require technical expertise to connect the printer to different devices. You can connect canon printer to WiFi and take print outs by setting the resolution. If your printer has a Wi-Fi connectivity feature you can follow these steps to connect the printer.
How to Connect Canon Printer to WiFi
Following these steps, you can easily set up the canon printer to the Wi-Fi network. The set up is quick and easy. If you face any issues during the setup, you can follow the steps given here to fix setup issues. The setup process could slightly vary depending on the model of the canon printer. These are the commonly used steps to set up the printer. Make sure your Wi-Fi is turned on and does not have any network connection issues during the setup.
- Turn on the printer by pressing the Power button
- Press the Settings button
- Press the Arrow button
- Choose Device Settings
- Press Ok
- Press the Arrow button again till the LAN Settings are visible
- Press Ok
- Press the Arrow button again till you see Wireless Lan Setup
- Press Ok
After performing these steps, you will find the printer searching for the Wi-Fi network. You will also find the light blinking. When the printer searches the wireless network follow these steps to set it up for wireless printing.
- Press the Arrow button till the wireless network is found and press OK
- Enter the password of your Wi-Fi network and press OK
- The screen displays the message saying Connected
If the canon printer fails to search for the Wi-Fi network do the following to set it up. Press the Stop, and go to the Wireless Lan Set up, choose Standard Set up, and press Ok.
How to Connect wireless Canon printer to a computer
The First step is to connect the printer to the Wi-fi network and set it up. The second step is to add the printer to the computer. Follow these steps to connect the canon printer to the computer. This is how you connect canon printer to pc.
- Press Win Key +R to open the Run command
- Type this command in the Run dialog box
- control/name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters
- Click Ok
- It opens the Devices And Printers Folder
- You will see the Add Printer button on this window
- Click on the Add Printer and follow the instructions that appear on the screen
- Complete this process and click OK
- This connects your printer to the computer and set up is complete
- You can print a test page to check the quality and set up
Steps to troubleshoot when the printer does not work properly:
When the canon printer does not work you get error messages, weird notifications, and the print will not print when you give it a print command even when it is turned on. There are many reasons why this happens. Either your printer driver is not updated, the Print Spooler might not be enabled in Services.msc, or there might be some problems with setting up the software for the printer.
Install and update drivers:
- Check for automatic driver updates.
- You can update the drivers manually as well but it is a time-consuming process
- The automatic updates will find the right drivers for your printer
- Open Control Panel
- Go to Device Manager
- Click on update driver under printers
- It automatically searches for updates and installs it
You can manually download the drivers for your printer and install them. There are many automatic driver update tools such as DriveEasy available online. Download this software and install it. Follow these steps after you install this software.
- Click on this application and Run Scan Now
- This software detects your computer for any driver problems and notifies you
- Click on Update All
- Restart your computer to see the changes
How to Connect Canon printer to laptop:
Connecting a wireless printer to a laptop is easy with these steps. When you set up your wireless printer to connect to a laptop, you can remotely print anything you want without the printer is physically connected to your laptop. This is how you connect canon printer to laptop.
- First connect the printer to the wireless network using the above steps.
- Turn the Power button of the printer on
- Type Printer in the Windows Search box
- Select the option Printers Scanners which appears in the menu displayed
- It opens the Settings window
- Click on the Add a printer or scanner
- The name of your printer appears on this list
- Click on the name and select Add Device
- The Windows automatically searches for the drivers and adds the printer to the laptop
If you get prompted to add the printer software, use the printer CD for installing the software or download it from the internet and install it by following the instructions on the screen. Once the setup is complete, the printer is ready to print anything you want without being connected to your laptop with a USB cable. This is how you connect canon printer to laptop WiFi.
How to add a wireless printer in Windows 7 or 8
- Select Start->Click Control Panel-> DevicesandPrinters
- Select the option Add Printer
- The Add Printer wizard opens
- Select Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer
- Select the printer from the list
- Click Next
- Select Install Driver
- Complete the steps that follow to complete the set up
- Click Finish
How to print with a wireless printer
- Power on the printer
- Open the page from the application or the web browser that you want to print
- Select Printer
- Select Wireless Printer
- Modify print settings as per your needs
- Select Print
How to print when away from your WiFi network
If the email service for remote printing is available, you can print documents even when you are away from the Wi-Fi network. You have to sign up for this email service. When you are not near the Wi-Fi network, you can email documents to be printed to this email for printing. Use the following steps to print remotely with a wireless printer
- The Wi-Fi must be turned on
- The printer must be connected to the Wi-Fi
- Email the documents to be printed to the email address given by the manufacturer
- Attach the document and send
- Click Send
- The file is sent to the printer for printing
How to Connect Canon Printer to Mac
Before you connect the wireless Canon printer to Mac connect it to the Wi-Fi network. Use the above steps to connect it to a Wi-Fi network and get it ready to connect it with Mac. These are the steps to connect canon printer to Mac. Follow these steps to connect the printer to Mac.
- Go to the Applications Folder
- Open the Utility folder
- Open the Airport utility
- Select a base station and type the password
- Add WPS printer
- Select PIN or First Try to connect
- If you are choosing the PIN option the printer must be listed
- Click on Continue
- When you select the First Try option, press the WPS button on the printer
- When you see the MAC address in the Airport utility
- Click Done
- Go to System Preferences-> Printers Scanners-> Click +button
- Select the default tab
- Mac will search for printers
- Click on Canon printer
- Select Add Now
These are the steps you can use to connect wireless canon printer to various devices. You can use these steps to connect a canon printer to PC, laptop, as well as Mac without having a lot of technical expertise. You can start printing right after the setup. Ensure that the drivers are updated regularly so there are no printing problems with regular use.