Quick Guide To Fix 'Epson Printer Not Printing' Issue
In many occasions, Epson printer unexpectedly stops printing anything. Therefore in this article we have explained all the reasons due to which Epson printer does not print. Thereby, we have explained detailed simple steps to fix this issue.
So first of all we are going to list the reasons for the most common question of “why Epson printer does not printing anything properly ?”. Refer to the below points-
- Spooler service may be stopped due to improper connection
- Epson printer is not connected well with computer or other device.
- Printer status is not set on “Default printer”
- Due to old or outdated printer driver, Epson printer stopped printing.
- Dusty printer head may be a reason for this problem.
- Epson printer may be in offline, due to which Epson printer may face printing error.
- Issue with the Firmware of printer.
Detailed Solutions For 'Epson Printer Not Printing Anything' Error
If your Epson printer is not printing correctly, follow the below given solutions-
Check your Epson Printer Spooler Service :
Spooler service manages the print function & the communication between your printer & computer. If this service is turned off, you can face Epson printer not printing problem. So follow these steps to ensure its running properly :
- Open the “Run” dialog box from windows search and type “services.msc” and click on the “OK” button. Now, a service window will prompt.
- Scroll the window and point to the “print spooler” option and double click on it.
- On the next pop up window, make sure startup type option is set to “Automatic” and Service status is running.
- Incase if it’s not selected to automatic, click on the option and select “Automatic” from the drop down menu and click on “Start” button.
- Then Press “OK” button
- Take a print test to check if Epson printer is printing now
Select Epson Printer As “Default Printer” If Not Set Correctly
As we have mention previous section, Epson printer may stop working when printer is not set as default. Follow the given instruction below to setup printer on default mode:
- First of all, Open the Control Panel on your Window.
- Press on the “Device and Printer” option.
- From the next window, Right click on your Epson Printer and choose the option of “Set as a default printer” from this list.
- We Hope this solution will resolved your Epson printer not printing text problem correctly.
Update Outdated Epson Printer driver
Using old version of printer driver may cause printing problem with Epson printer. Hence, you need to update latest version of driver by following these steps-
- Firstly Go to the control panel>Device Manager
- Find your listed printer and right click on your printer name.
- Select ‘Update Driver Option’ from the menu.
- It will search automatically for the latest updated printer driver.
- Then, follow the onscreen step by step instruction to install updated driver.
Clean Print head From the PC:
Follow these steps to clean your print head from Windows PC
- Go to the “control panel” and choose the “device and printer” option.
- From the next window, right click on the printer & select “Printing Preference” option
- Next, click on the “Maintenance” and then select “Head Cleaning” option.
- Then, click on the “start button” and follow the further on screen instructions.
By following these above steps your ‘Epson printer not printing problem’ will be resolved easily.
Disable ‘Use Printer Offline’ Status:
Epson printer won’t print anything if ‘use printer offline’ option is selected. You can uncheck this option by following these steps:
- First of all, open your “Control Panel” from windows menu.
- Then, go to the “Device and Printer” menu.
- On the next prompt, right click on your Epson printer and a list will pop up.
- Now from here, check that there is no √ mark on “Use Printer offline” option. If this mark is there, uncheck this option by clicking on it. Now your Epson printer will be “Set As Default Printer”.
- Lastly, close your windows and take a test print from your Epson printer.
Epson Printer Not Printing Black Color Ink
There are numerous reasons with brief solution for “why Epson printer is not printing black color ink”. These reasons include the following-
- The cartridge is black in color but it is empty – So make sure black color ink is properly filled in the cartridge
- You might not have removed the vent tape from the cartridge – Remove this tape and check again as your black color ink might just print.
- Ensure the cartridges are installed properly and correctly -Remove the cartridges from printer and place it again in the holder. Make sue you hear the click sound while inserting the cartridge in printer.
- Ink filters or vents may get clogged due to excessive printing – To resolve this, you need to cancel all print job from the settings option and then start fresh printing.
- The cartridges are older than 18 months – Make sure your ink cartridge is not expired.
- Ink may have been kept in direct sun light – Always placed your ink in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Clean the printer head so that your printer works effectively.
- Check for virus or malware in your PC – On daily basis you must clean your PC by good antivirus software before use the printer.
- Check your printer spooler service – It may be stopped, go to service settings and restart it again.
Hope by now your Epson printer not printing black color problem is resolved.
Conclusion – If your Epson printer is not working every time you use your printer, this article is for you. By following the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article, you will be able to fix Epson printer not printing text or black color problem. For any further assistance, feel free to reach us.