Epson Printer Setup and Installation
Why Does Epson Printer Go 'Offline' ? What Are The Ways To Get It Back 'Online' ?
Most of the users at some point face ‘offline’ error while using printer. In this writeup we have addressed the issue of ‘Why Epson printer offline’. We have further explained the solutions to this offline problems in a very simplified way.
These are some of the common reason why Epson printer Goes offline:
- If your Epson printer is showing an offline message, it means that there is some connectivity problem between the Epson printer and PC
- Epson printer cannot communicate with the computers due to some hardware or software related issues.
- Stopped or slow ‘Spooler’ service might make your printer go Offline.
- Incorrect printer settings where your printer is not selected as “Default Printer” may make your printer go offline.
- Outdated printer driver may prevent your printer from functioning.
There are several measures discussed in the below section which can solve your question of “Why my Epson printer keeps going offline”.
How To Fix 'Epson Printer Says offline' Error In Windows 10
Check Connection Between the Epson printer and PC
The ‘Epson printer goes offline’ error mostly occurs in Windows 7, 8 and 10. This happens when the computer fails to communicate with the printer.
However this error can be easily fixed by making sure that your Epson printer and PC are well connected with the USB. Incase if there is a fault with the Cable, replace it with a new one. Hopefully this should solve your problem of Epson printer keeps going offline in Windows 10.
Steps to Change Epson Printer From ‘Offline’ To ‘Online’ In Windows 10
Uncheck ‘use printer offline’ option-
- Reboot the Epson printer and give a minute to finish booting.
- Make sure that the Epson printer is plugged in to the computer and also check if it has network connectivity.
- Log on to your computer using a local administrator account.
- Go the the start menu and Open Run Dialog box and type Control panel.
- Then Click on the ‘Devices and Printers’. Now printers list will displayed.
- Right-click on your Epson printer and select “See What’s Printing”.
- Click on printer and remove the check mark from “Use Printer Offline”. Now the EPSON printer is set to be online.
After Finish these steps Epson Printer offline Error Will fix now and get back online now.
Troubleshoot Spooler Service If Stopped Or Paused
Due to the Spooler Service being stopped, a user might face “Epson printer goes offline on Windows 10” error. Follow the below steps to rectify this problem-
- Go to the Run box and Type “Services.msc” & click on “OK” button
- Next, service window will open. From there go to “Print Spooler” option and make sure that its status is shown as “Running”. Incase if the status is “Stopped”, right click on the “Print Spooler” option and click on “Start” option to resume the service.
- Close this window and check if these steps bring back Epson printer to ‘Online’ or not
So hopefully these steps will help you to fix “Epson Printer Shows Offline on Windows 10” problem.
Sometimes 'Epson Printer Says offline' Problem Occurs Due to Printer Driver Error:
Outdated or corrupted printer drivers may prevent your printer from printing. This error can be fixed by simply updating or reinstalling the drivers. Follow these instruction to to re-install printer driver:
- First of all, Open the ‘Control Panel’ from start menu.
- Now open ‘Add or remove program’ option and right click on the Epson printer driver from the list of programs. Thereafter click on ‘Uninstall’ option from the popup menu to remove your old printer driver.
- Next go to the ‘Device and Printers’ again and click on ‘Add printer’ option.
- On the next display window, click on ‘Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer’.
- As per your Epson printer’s model number, install the software in Windows.
- After the completion of setup, restart your your system to check if your “Epson printer keeps going offline on Windows 10” error has been fixed or not.
Improper printer configuration or connection shows printer ‘Offline’ message on Mac device. Hence below we have explain the solution to fix ‘Epson printer says offline’ error on Mac device:
Reset Apple MAC ‘Print Settings’ Option:
Low internet connectivity may harm your printing system and show your Epson printer as ‘Offline’ on Mac. To fix this problems follow the below process-
- Open the ‘Apple’ menu and Click on the “System Preference” option.
- Go to the “Printer & Scanner ” section
- On the next window, right click on your shown Epson printer and then choose “Reset Printing System” option.
- Enter your Mac user name and password as asked on the next pop up box.
- Then Press ‘OK’ button.
- Now wait for some time until the printer list is displayed again.
- Thereafter add Epson printer using the ‘+’ icon.
- Now your Epson Printer will get back ‘Online’. You can do a test print to check if it’s printing fine.
By Deleting Extra Printer from MAC Device:
Sometimes ‘Offline’ error on Mac occurs when a same printer is installed multiple times. Follow the below given steps to fix ‘Epson printer says offline on MAC’ problem:
- Go the Apple Menu>System and Preference>Printer and Scanners
- A list of printers will appear from the ‘Printer and Scanner’ section.
- Delete extra added printer by clicking on the printer and selecting ‘-‘ sign from the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Now set your Epson “Idle Printer” as a “Default Printer”.
- Lastly restart your printer. This should resolve your printer’s ‘Offline’ error.
Conclusion: In this article we have discussed all the problems which can make your Epson printer ‘Offline’. Furthermore we have also explained the solutions for these problems for MAC and Windows. So the you do not need to worry about your problem of ‘Epson printer goes offline’.