How to Fix When My HP Printer Is In Error State
Hello fellow readers, In this writeup we will discuss one of the common error which HP user faces which is ‘Hp Printer Error State issue’. You will get notified about this by a pop up window opening on your computer.
In the following section of this article we will be discussing the causes for this error. Thereby we will also discuss in brief all the methods to resolve this error. So without ado, let’s read on.
How Do I Get Printer Free From in Error State?
Be Sure about Printer Connection
- Ensure that printer is properly connected to Wi-Fi.
- Cross verify that printer is connected with PC properly.
- It is recommended that your Wi-Fi network has a good speed.
Be Sure about Printer Hardware
- Wire should be connected well.
- Printer should not be in sleep mode.
- Printer Cartridges should be filled.
- Input tray should have sufficient paper.
- Check if there is any Paper jam issue or not?
HP Printer in Error State - Check Your Connection And Restart Your Devices:
When you get the Hp printer in error state message, it is best to adopt simple troubleshooting methods which are-
- Check your primary network connection between your printer and computer if its connected through Wi-Fi.
- Check your power and network cable (in case of wired connection) connecting your printer to computer to ensure that there is no issue arising from it.
- Finally restart your computer and check if the error message is gone or not.
HP Printer in Error State - Reinstall Printer Driver:
The ‘printer is in an error state hp’ can also arise due to faulty or incompatible printer driver. However this can be fixed easily by updating or reinstalling the drivers. Moreover it is vital that you install the correct driver for your printer model because installing the wrong driver will further keep your printer in error state. The easiest way to find correct driver is by downloading it from the official HP website.
Downloading And Installing The Drivers:
- Go to device and printer option from control panel and click on ‘add a local printer’ option and click on next and follow the process . This will search and install your printers driver.
- Alternatively you can visit the official HP website and enter your correct printer model number and download the drivers.
- Additionally download the HP smart app which will assist you in installation of your driver. The HP smart App is available for both Windows and Mac operating system.
- Finally after successful installation of your drivers you will see status of your printer as online with a green check mark. This means that your printer is installed and is ready to use.
Steps to Resolve HP Printer In Error State Issues:
Here in this section we have mentioned some more troubleshooting steps to assist you in troubleshooting. These are-
- Firstly check if the photocopy of your printer is working successfully. If not then it means that you have a printer hardware problem and it can’t be fixed. However you can get your printer replaced if its in warranty.
- Next disconnect the power cable from the printer.
- Now hold the printer power button responsibly for 15 seconds.
- Make sure that you connect the printer directly to the wall outlet and not a surge protector
- Next reconnect the power cable and press the power button from the wall outlet and press the power button on printer as well.
- Now download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software to detect the issue with printer driver. This software can be found on HP’s official website.
Alternative Ways to Solve HP Printer is in Error State Issues
Follow These alternative option to fix HP printer in an error state message:
- Search for the best features of open Programs
- Select your open Programs and Features
- Choose Uninstall
- Now search for Devices and Printers.
- Locate your HP printer from the list of your printers and right click on it.
- Next, open the run command and use Remove Device key combo.
- Click Ok
- Select the Drivers Tab
- Now select remove located at the bottom.
- Select apply the best Print Server Properties windows
- Then, you can close the Devices and Printers.
Conclusion: In this writeup we have covered all possible methods to fix the HP printer in error state issue. You just need to make sure that all the above troubleshooting steps are performed in the exact manner as it is explained. Incase you need any further assistance, feel free to contact HP official helpline from their official website. For any third party help you can reach us on the number mentioned on the screen. Keep reading and scrolling on our website for more such articles.
Choose Your Model for Setup, Driver Download or Troubleshooting
HP Envy Printers
Our Technician can solve your all HP Envy Printer issue. Call Us Now to get your issue resolve today.
HP OfficeJet Pro Printers
To find a solution for your HP OfficeJet Printer, Call Us right away to resolve all the issues facing today.
HP DeskJet Ink Printers
To find a solution for your HP DeskJet Printers, Call our expert and get your issues fix today.
HP LaserJet Printers
Looking for guidance on your HP Laserjet Printers, Get your all issues fixed on a call with our experts.