This article describes all the common issues which a user faces with HP Laserjet 4200 printer. Furthermore the solutions to all these errors has been provided in a very simplified way.
Common problem Which You Must know About ‘How To Troubleshoot HP Laserjet 4200 Printer’
Here are the listed common errors that you may faces while working on HP Laserjet 4200 printers.
- Cartridge jam error
- Faulty driver error
- Paper size settings
- HP Laserjet spooling error
- Hp laserjet Ghosting error
- Offline error on HP Laserjet 4200
Follow These Troubleshooting Steps To Fix Hp Laserjet 4200 Printer Errors
A. Cartridge jam error: Before looking at the troubleshooting steps to fix cartridge jam error , let’s look at the reasons that cause the same.
- Paper jam error in the rear access door of the printer.
- Due to some stuck pieces of paper in the roller.
- Due to the foreign object hindering the cartridge path.
- Due to the requirement of the computer system and printer rebooting.
Troubleshooting steps for HP Laserjet 4200 Printer
- Reboot the system: To reboot the system, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the system and then unplug the power cord. Wait for at least a minute to plug the cord back into the wall outlet. Connect the power cord back to the system’s rear. Turn the printer on and check if the problem is corrected.
- Turn off the printer and do a visual inspection of the printer to check for any jammed paper and make sure that the paper tray and paper is placed properly in the printer.
- Now carefully move the cartridge and clear HP printer cartridge printheads.
- Lastly, unplug the printing system from the existing operational power strips and plug it directly to the power cord through the electrical outlet.
- Now make sure to reconnect the power cord to the rear of the hp printer and by now your carriage jam error will be rectified.
B. HP Laserjet spooling error: Before looking at the troubleshooting steps to fix spooler error , let’s look at the reasons that cause the same.
- Due to the print jobs being stuck in the queue.
- Due to spooler being unable to translate the corrupt data or documents in the spooler.
- Due to the crashing of pc or spooler software while transferring the information.
- Click on the ‘Start’ button on the window and go to the ‘Administrative Tools’ option and select ‘Services’ link.
- From the given list scroll down to ‘Print Spooler’ option. Right-click on it and select ‘Stop’ option.
- Now go to ‘My Computer’ link and double click on ‘Local Disk (C:)’. Thereafter select the “Windows” folder and then select ‘System 32’ then ‘Spool’ and lastly click on the ‘Printer’ folder.
- Delete all the print jobs from the opened folder in the previous step.
- Go back to the ‘Services’ link and look for the ‘Print Spooler’ option and right-click on it. Now click on ‘Start’ option.
- Lastly try to print your document now as the spooler error has been rectified.
C. HP Laserjet Ghosting error: The Ghosting error in the printer may occur due to the malfunctioning of the printing drum or fuser unit. This in result does not heat the toner to the appropriate level which prevents it from adhering to the drum appropriately and then appears very light and almost invisible on the paper.
- Make sure to do the proper placement of your printer: Make sure you place your HP Laserjet printer in a room free of any moisture content because humidity can become a key factor to cause toner power to clot which leads to ghosting.
- Check the fuser: Malfunctioning of the fuser unit may lead to ghosting error. To carry out the repairing of the fuser, change its temperature so that the toner adheres onto the paper. In case the temperature of the fuser cannot be regulated it is best to replace it professionally.
- Check the drum unit: The Drum unit is an essential part of the printer’s functioning. It is responsible for transferring the toner powder to the paper surface for the purpose of printing. If the drum unit is old it is best advised to replace it and if the drum unit is new and still ghosting error persists it is best advised to contact the professionals.
D. Hp Laserjet 4200 offline error: Before looking at the troubleshooting steps to fix HPLaserjet 4200 offline error, let’s look at the reasons that cause the same.
- If the printer is turned off.
- In case the network cable or USB cable is disconnected.
- If the printer is already set in the “Use Printer Offline” status.
- Do a power reset and check connections: Perform a power reset and check connections via the following steps:
- Turn on the printer and check the printer status- Here at this step the printer may start its operations but if it doesn’t, move on to the next step.
- With the printer ON, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet. Wait patiently for a good 60 seconds.
- Ensure the USB cable or network cable and the router or switch cables are securely connected.
- Restart the printer and wait for it to reboot.
- Here reconnect the power cable to the power cable to the rear of the printer and into the wall outlet.
- After turning on the printer, perform a test printout.
Check your printer’s ‘Offline’ setting: Through these mentioned steps ensure that your printer’s ‘Use Offline’ setting is not turned on.
- From the computer screen click on the Control Panel and open ‘Devices and Printers’ window.
- Right-click on the name of your printer and select ‘See what’s printing’ link.
- Click on ‘Printer’ tab and select to clear any selections made next to ‘Pause printing’ or ‘Use printer offline’. There should be no check mark on them.
- As for the last step after removing the selections, perform a test print.
Ensure that the correct port is selected:
- From the computer screen click on the Control Panel and open the ‘Devices and Printers’ window.
- Right-click on your printer option and select the ‘Printer Properties’ link. Select the ‘Ports’ tab from the Properties window.
- Here ensure that the selected port and description correctly matches the connection type used with the printer.
- Hit on ‘Configure Port’ and ensure that printer’s IP address matches the Port IP address. In case the user does not know the Printer’s IP address then they need to print the configuration page from the printer Control panel. The IP address of the printer will then be listed on the configuration page.
- Hit on ‘Apply’ and click on ‘OK’ to save the settings.
- Users can now perform the printing test
E. Paper size settings error: Follow the given steps to troubleshoot this common error of paper size settings in HP Laserjet 4200 series :
Adjust the paper size settings and paper source settings
- Click ‘File’ from the program you wish to print from and then click ‘Print’.
- Here ensure that the printer in use is in the ‘Name’ or ‘Printers’ drop-down list box. Thereafter click on ‘Properties, Printer Properties or Preferences’.
- Now select the Paper/Quality tab.
- Here select ‘Advanced’ if required and then select ‘Paper Size’.
- Make sure to select the paper size that matches with the size and type of paper loaded in the printer tray.
- Thereafter click on ‘Paper / Quality’ tab again and select the ‘Paper Source’ in order to select the correct tray.
- Click on ‘Ok’ and perform a test print.
Reset the Printer
- Disconnect the power cord from the printer while it is being turned on.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait patiently for 60 seconds before reconnecting the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
F. Faulty driver error: A software driver plays a crucial role in connecting the computer to a printing system. Due to an outdated or an inappropriate driver your printer might give you an error. To know more about updating or installing HP printer drivers, click here.
Conclusion: This writeup provides valuable information regarding the troubleshooting steps to fix HP Laserjet 4200 printer series issues. If you still face any issue with your printer, contact us on our helpline number for further assistance.