How to Fix HP Printer Printing Wrong Colors Issue Manually?
What to Do if My HP Printer is Not Printing Color
After successful setup of your printer & fax settings if your printer is only printing in black and no other colors, it means your HP printer is not printing colors properly. However you do not need to worry about this as its a very common issues which HP users face. In order to fix this error first of all you need to check if the cartridge is installed properly or not. If that is not the issue then you might be facing this error because of these three major issues-
1. Cartridge Falling Short of color Ink.
2. Printhead not working as desired.
3. Color printing is not enabled.
Go through the following in details to solve the hp printer color not printing problem.
However while using the color feature in the hp printing system, users should be aware of the hp printer color text not printing & images problems. Thereby you can make your printing experience smooth by reading the issues and solutions in the following section to solve ‘why my hp printer color not printing’ problem.
Easy Way to Fix HP Printer Not Printing Color Problem
HP Printer Cartridge Falling Short of Ink Error
Amongst the many reasons for a HP printer to stop printing colored text or picture or hp printer color not printing, the most common reason could be cartridge running short of ink. Moreover before running to a conclusion, do the visual inspection and replace the ink cartridge if required. Follow these steps to perform visual checking and cartridge replacement:
- Open the front cover of the printer carefully and check for the ink content. If the ink is on the verge of finish, install a new cartridge.
- If you find cartridge full but still your hp printer color not printing correctly, then your next step is to check the ink’s expiry date as an expired ink tends to dry up and form a thicket making its use problematic.
- In case where the cartridge is past the expiry date, install a new one to progress with printing task to resolve hp envy printer not printing color.
HP Printer Printhead Needs to be Replaced or Freshly Installed
The other method of troubleshoot HP Printer not printing color issue is related to Printhead. It is a principal factor in the printing process as it technically puts ink to paper to create a presentable text.
Clean the printhead by following the below stated steps:
- Go to the start button and search for “Control Panel” and then click on “Drivers and printers”
- On the next page look for your printing system icon, right click on the same and select “Properties”
- On the new window that appears click on “Hardware” option and then click on “Clean Ink ” on the subsequent window.
Follow the prompt onscreen instructions to clean the printhead and perform a printing check thereafter.
Enable Printer Color Command to Resolve HP Printer Color Not Printing Issue:
Check for the default commands that your HP printer has been following and enable the color option if disabled to resolve hp printer color not printing issue efficiently. Follow these simple steps to perform this task.
- On the‘Start” option select “Settings”.
- From the settings menu click on “Printers”.
- Right, click on your printing system icon and select “Properties”.
- From the properties page click “Printing preferences”
- Thereafter click the “Paper/quality “tab and select “Color”. Click “OK” and exit from the page.
- Now perform a print test and receive a colored print of your choice.
- Alternatively you can solve the colored printing issue by checking that the “Greyscale “printing option from the “Printing preferences” of hp envy printer not printing color of your printer icon is disabled.
We hope the above mentioned troubleshooting steps will help you in fixing issue of how to get printer print in colors. If you still face any difficulty then feel free to contact HP from their official website.
Have a satisfactory printing experience! If You are Unable to print black color, visit “HP Printer Not Printing Black Color” to get out of it.
Frequently Asked Questions That Having The Same Answer For HP Printer Color Not Printing Issues
When your HP Printer color is not printing in the paper, it doesn’t mean that your printer stopped working. It could be that you don’t get a printed out, whether as black and white or color.
The best thing to find a solution to this issue is to use good quality HP cartridges and no duplicate ones. It fixes the issue to a greater extend. The print head needs to be cleaned properly.
If the cartridge is empty or damaged, better to replace them and see if printing is coming proper. If you have an immediate printing requirement and not much concerned about the quality of the print, then it is also possible to consider printing in backup mode.
There could be a variety of reasons for your HP wireless printer, not printing color. Check to see if the printer driver is correct. If you are unsure about how to check your printer driver, Google search your printer model number with the word ‘driver’. Another idea to find drivers is to check the HP support page.
The first step is to check whether the color settings in your printer is ON. Also, make sure the right driver is used for the color printer. Before you print a report, check print dialog to see if the settings are correct.
Second Step to resolve the issue is to try another program like Paint to print in color. In case, the printer still doesn’t give any color print, then your printer is in an error or possibly the color ink is empty to give the correct printing.
Step 1: If you are using Windows, then the first step is to make the print driver reinstalled.
Step 2: Another solution is to avoid any duplicate or low-quality cartridges. Instead, use only genuine ones.
Step 3: The next step is to see if the ink is smearing behind the printouts.
Step 4: Using the right size paper and inserting it properly would sometimes solve the issue.
Step 5: You can also see if the print settings are fixed correctly and no errors.
Step 6: You may not get color printing also when the ink levels are low. So, check ink levels and replace them if needed.
Step 7: If found empty or low ink cartridges, replace them and take a new print out to see if coming properly.
Step 8: To check the output, you can try to print the Print Quality Diagnostic report from the printer’s control panel.
Step 9: When the control panel of your printer is cleaned, it can rectify the issue and gives a better print quality.
Step10: While taking the Print Quality Diagnostic report, check whether the green color blocks and alignment lines have come perfectly or not. If there are dark or white lines making gaps in between, then the issue is still to be resolved.
Step 11: To get the perfect ink quality, you need to align the ink cartridges by adjusting the printer control panel.
Step 12: Manual cleaning near the ink nozzles is a good idea to fix the issue.
Step 13: If you find any ink cartridge damaged through the Print Quality Diagnostic report, and then it is wise to change the defective ink cartridge if the above steps didn’t work out to rectify the problem.
In case, still, your HP OfficeJet printer is not printing in color, give the printer for servicing.
If your OfficeJet 6700 HP printer is not printing true color, initially you can follow some simple steps for making it proper, first, you can uninstall and then reinstall the driver.
If the issues still persist, it would be ideal to check your cartridge quality or toner issue. When there are no ink smears on the print out the backside, the issue is fixed or else, you need to check what else the exact problems is.
If you don’t have the technical knowledge and still the problem of not printing true color exists, then it is advisable to service your printer.
If you are confused about why your HP 6830 OfficeJet 4650 series wireless printer not printing color, then don’t worry, you can resolve the matter by changing the driver. Below are the steps to use an alternative driver:
- Go to windows and select control panel option an open it, click on Devices and Printers
- Right-click on HP OfficeJet 4650 in devices and printers folder and left click on Printer properties.
- Select the advance tab
- A new Driver window opens, click on Next. You can see the types of printers listed on the right side and manufacturer on left.
- Choose your printer manufacturer by clicking on the left options.
- Click on ‘Windows Update’, if your printer model is not shown and when the update is completed, choose the HP model of your printer.
- Once the HP model is selected, hit the next button to finish the setup of New Driver Wizard.
- Click on ‘Apply’ under your printer properties and do not click OK
- Go to General tab and rename your printer again as ‘HP OfficeJet 4650’
- Click OK
If your ink cartridge has gotten over the cyan option, then it can happen. Otherwise, if the print head is jam and thereby it is not touching the nozzle, then yellow and magenta color will be printed with a reddish or yellow color. So, rectifying these issues can make the printing well either in your preferred black and white or color prints.
Why HP Deskjet F4140 printer not printing color correctly, follows the below steps to solve the issue:
- See if there is an issue with ink levels
- Print a test report to check the exact issue
- Note which cartridge is printed on which part of the page. This gives you an idea about the issues in the cartridges.
- Identify the defects
- If no defects identified on the test page, then cartridges are perfectly working.
If you see magenta color is not printing, Fix it by opening the printer lid, and change the tanks of cartridges. Remove the print head and again put it back to the printer and keep ink tanks. Clean it, check nozzles, take the test page, and see if the error is still there.
Try out the below ways:
- Ensure in the printer software, Black/Grayscale is not active
- For a clogged print head nozzle, do a thorough cleaning
- In the printer software, activate color management options
This problem can happen when the ink cartridge has low inks for the other color. So, you can change the old cartridge with a new one. In case all ink levels are good, then try cleaning the print head nozzles.
In this writeup we discussed the various causes why HP printer is not printing color on paper occurs along with its solution. Moreover this writeup should be able to assist you in solving your printer error but still if you fell any complications then feel free to contact us on our helpline number provided on screen.
Choose Your Model for Setup, Driver Download or Troubleshooting
HP Envy Printers
Our Technician can solve your all HP Envy Printer issue. Call Us Now to get your issue resolve today.
HP OfficeJet Pro Printers
To find a solution for your HP OfficeJet Printer, Call Us right away to resolve all the issues facing today.
HP DeskJet Ink Printers
To find a solution for your HP DeskJet Printers, Call our expert and get your issues fix today.
HP LaserJet Printers
Looking for guidance on your HP Laserjet Printers, Get your all issues fixed on a call with our experts.
More posts: hp colour printer not printing hp printer color not printing hp printer color not printing correctly hp printer not printing color hp printer not printing color correctly hp printer not printing color ink after refill hp printer not printing color mac hp printer printing wrong colors