Why Is My HP Printer Printing Slow ? Fix Printer Running Slow Issues
This document provides troubleshooting steps for printers whose printing speed has become slow. To rectify this you need to check the printer driver settings. If the printing is set in maximum DPI or the ‘best mode for printing’ is selected, the printer may print slow.
User must note that printing in normal mode or draft mode increases the printing speed. The more ink consumption the printer does, the slower it prints.
You can observe that while printing in normal mode and draft mode, the speed of the printer is fast where you can see the print results within few seconds of giving the print command from the HP printer. Whereas while printing in best quality, you will notice that it takes more time to print and also it consumes more ink while printing.
Why Is my HP printer printing slowly and what should be done to rectify this issue ?
A possible and a common reason why the user experiences their hp printer printing very slowly is due to the load of printing being put on only single cartridge. This may cause slower printing.
Follow the below given steps to rectify this error-
- Firstly, reset you printer as this resolves most of the common printing issues.
- Use a different USB cable to print.
- Check the printer preferences and allow the work load of printing to be divided between both cartridges. Thereafter reinstall the printer driver.
- Cross check the network connection and update the printer firmware.
What Causes an HP Printer to Print Copies Very Slowly
- Hp printers often faces slow network printing issues when the printer is connected to a shared network. Multiple printing commands from different devices over Wi-Fi can causes the printers to print slowly.
- Overloading the printer server also causes the Hp printer to print slowly. So always ensure that print commands are given one at a time so that the printer can work fast and efficiently.
Why Does My HP Wireless Printer Takes Too Long to Print ?
This is a common question which comes in users head whenever they experience slow printing . To fix this issue follow these steps-
- Incase of long delay in printer, reset your printer first.
- Now turn on the printer again and remove the printer from the idle mode.
- Thereafter disconnect the power chord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power chord from the wall outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds and plug in the power chord back.
- Now turn on the printer once again and wait until the printer is in idle mode. This should resolve your slow printing error.
How to check the printer preferences for HP printer to make it print faster?
If your HP printer is not printing properly then you need to choose the appropriate paper type and avoid ‘printing in best quality’ mode as this makes the printer print slow. Therefore always print with plain paper and use normal printing mode to enhance the speed of printing. This can be done by following these steps-
- Click on printer and then click on Manage.
- Then Next , click on printing preferences.
- Now click on ‘paper/quality’ tab. Now from there in type of paper select the ‘plain paper’ option.
- Adjust the print quality- The print quality field should be either normal or draft mode.
- Lastly click on ‘OK’ and then apply the changes. If problem of ‘HP wireless printer delayed printing’ continues, reinstall the printer.
How to select both cartridges for printing in HP printer?
The older versions of HP printers allows only to print with single cartridge which slows down the printing speed to a great extend.
- Ensure all cartridges are properly installed.
- Replace the empty cartridges so that you can print properly at a given time.
- But further If you face any issue like HP Printer Not Printing After Changing Ink Cartridge, then you must see our troubleshooting guide.
Reinstallation of the printer driver for HP printer's enhanced speed of printing
- Firstly you need to uninstall the printer’s driver by going to ‘device and printer’ and clicking on ‘remove’ from the list of printers. Refer to the below image.
- Now download your printers latest driver from HP’s official website which is www.123.hp.com. Enter your printer’s exact model number to begin the process of download.
- Thereafter install the driver by following the onscreen instructions.
Network Status Of The HP Printer At Fault Causing Slow Printing
Connecting HP printers to a network with heavy duty printing while being used on a single ink cartridge, makes the printer print slow. To fix this follow these steps-
- Turn off the router for 30 secs and then turn it back on.
- The driver and other documents can be downloaded if the bandwidth of the router supports the hp printer.
- If the Hp printer slow network printing windows issue persists you need to reset the router.
How does updating a printer's firmware fix HP printers slow printing issue ?
All users should know that keeping the latest printer driver not only makes your printer work efficiently but it also makes the printing more fast.
- The outdated printer driver used for printing may take more time and it may even corrupt the drivers altogether which may completely stop you from printing.
- Ensure that the printer firmware is updated as it protects from viruses in the system.
- Printer firmware can be downloaded from the official website.
Solutions for preventing slow printing: Final Conclusion
Solution to fix ‘HP printer printing very slow’ issue-
- Ensure that normal mode and draft mode are selected while printing from HP printer.
- Always purchase a printer which supports dual cartridge for printing to avoid workload on a single cartridge.
- Avoid printing in maximum DPI and best quality mode as it slows the printing.
- Avoid printing in any other paper type except plain paper and set it as default paper type.
- Do not put too much work load on the network printer as it slows down the printing.
- Always ensure that the network status of the printer is connected so that the printer prints appropriately.