Canon Printer Setup and Installation
Why Is My Canon Printer Not Printing Properly ?
In this writeup we have discussed the common causes for your “Canon printer is not printing properly” issue. Thereby we have further explained the solutions with troubleshooting steps to fix these printer problems.
The key reasons for Canon printer not printing are given as below:
- The print jobs are stuck in printer queue.
- Paper jams disable the printer’s ability to print.
- Faulty drivers or wireless connection do not allow the printer to print.
- Power to the printer is fluctuating
- Mobile printing app is not synced with the canon printer.
- Printer firmware and firewall are not installed correctly.
- Canon printer drivers are not updated from time to time.
- Paper loaded in the printer does not match the size of the printer.
- Canon printer is not able to establish a secure connection with the network Wi-Fi.
- All shared network is unable to view your printer in the specified range.
- Too many printers in the same network may not print due to network jam.
- Canon printers are not compatible with outdated software.
- The Passphrase a network key is faulty in nature.
- Passwords configured are incorrect.
- Cartridge vents are faulty in nature.
- Canon printer heads of the printer are dusty and need maintenance and cleaning.
The above listed are the key reasons for the Canon printer not printing. So now let’s discuss them in detail.
Troubleshooting Steps For 'Canon Printer Not Printing' Issue
If the print jobs are stuck in print queue then it needs to be cleared by going to the printer settings and then by opening the printer queue. Now from here clear the faulty print jobs which are tampering the printing experience. Apart from this you also need to take care of the following errors-
- You need to clear the paper jam error by opening the printer cover and loosening the cartridge header. Now remove the paper that is stuck and reinstall the cartridge and reset or recalibrate the printer.
- Ensure that the installed drivers are not faulty in nature. In case of faulty driver you need to update, download and reinstall the correct printer driver which works effectively with your printer.
- The canon printer often does not print due to faulty power connection as it creates issues while printing.
- The mobile printing app does not sync with the printer well. Hence you need to ensure that the app auto selects your printer and scans the documents and then prints the same.
- Canon printer drivers need to be updated from time to time for the printer to function in a good way. It is very important that printer drivers are updated from time to time so that the printer can print effectively.
- The printer has the paper rim that has been loaded in the printer. This paper rim should be loaded efficiently and effectively so that the paper is pulled in by the printer while printing.
- In a workspace scenario connecting too many laptop and desktop to the same network can cause network to be jammed which may result in a faulty printing scenario.
- In some case you may have to manually select a printer from the range as the network installed in your laptop may not be able to detect the printer available in range. This error occurs due to issue related to connectivity .
- Printer does not print if it is not selected as default printer. So ensure that you select your Canon printer as default .
- Windows Mac and iPad ask for constant updates in software as these updates assist you to print the documents, photos and media files smoothly. The other issue that can arise is when the passphrase which is the network key is not configured properly. In this scenario the printer will not connect properly to the system.
- The printer head gets dirty frequently and it needs cleaning. Similarly cartridge also needs proper cleaning as failing to do so can prevent you from printing properly. However it is vital to note that in case of a laser printer you need to evenly distribute the cartridge and the toner to print properly.
Effective Ways to Fix Canon Printer Not Printing Issues
Everyone must read the printer manual carefully and follow the offline and online instructions to setup and configure the printer to your device.
- Firstly you need to visit the canon official website to download the online instructions manual in order to configure and setup the printer.
- Ensure that the wireless canon printer is set up with the available wifi connection at all times.
- The IP address of the printer and the system needs to be configured in such a way that both IP address matches each other.
- Always ensure that the canon printer is not left unused for long period of time as this can make your ink go dry much faster.
- Now click on the printer menu to clear the printer queue so that the printer can print effectively.
- Open the printer head and remove the paper jam so that printer can give the print outs when you need them.
- You can always use the draft mode when you are printing projects or letters that require several changes. This will help you in saving the ink.
- Servicing the printer from time to time also helps you to maintain the printer at all times.
- Always ensure that you clean the printer head manually so that you don’t waste ink as automatic cleaning uses too much ink.
Canon printer is a smart printer of modern times which allows you to print from all sorts of devices such as computer, phones and tablets. Users of Canon can often face challenges while trying to connect printer to their device. Therefore this article addresses all such issues along with its fix. For any further assistance for your printer feel free to contact us on our helpline. We hope you enjoyed reading this article.