Epson Printer Setup and Installation
Why Does Epson Printer Go 'Offline' ? What Are The Ways To Get It Back 'Online' ?
Most of the users at some point face ‘offline’ error while using printer. In this writeup we have addressed the issue of ‘Why Epson printer offline’. We have further explained the solutions to this offline problems in a very simplified way.
These are some of the common reason why Epson printer Goes offline:
- If your Epson printer is showing an offline message, it means that there is some connectivity problem between the Epson printer and PC
- Epson printer cannot communicate with the computers due to some hardware or software related issues.
- Stopped or slow ‘Spooler’ service might make your printer go Offline.
- Incorrect printer settings where your printer is not selected as “Default Printer” may make your printer go offline.
- Outdated printer driver may prevent your printer from functioning.
There are several measures discussed in the below section which can solve your question of “Why my Epson printer keeps going offline”.
How To Fix 'Epson Printer Says offline' Error In Windows 10
Uncheck 'use printer offline' option-
Steps to Change Epson Printer From ‘Offline’ To ‘Online’ In Windows 10
- Reboot the Epson printer and give a minute to finish booting.
- Make sure that the Epson printer is plugged in to the computer and also check if it has network connectivity.
- Log on to your computer using a local administrator account.
- Go the the start menu and Open Run Dialog box and type Control panel.
- Then Click on the ‘Devices and Printers’. Now printers list will displayed.
- Right-click on your Epson printer and select “See What’s Printing”.
- Click on printer and remove the check mark from “Use Printer Offline”. Now the EPSON printer is set to be online.
After Finish these steps Epson Printer offline Error Will fix now and get back online now.
Troubleshoot Spooler Service If Stopped Or Paused
Due to the Spooler Service being stopped, a user might face “Epson printer goes offline on Windows 10” error. Follow the below steps to rectify this problem-
- Go to the Run box and Type “Services.msc” & click on “OK” button
- Next, service window will open. From there go to “Print Spooler” option and make sure that its status is shown as “Running”. Incase if the status is “Stopped”, right click on the “Print Spooler” option and click on “Start” option to resume the service.
- Close this window and check if these steps bring back Epson printer to ‘Online’ or not
So hopefully these steps will help you to fix “Epson Printer Shows Offline on Windows 10” problem.
Make Sure Clear All Printer jobs - If the Print are in Queue
In some case when print queue stuck then printer shows offline you need to clear the print jobs by following below procedure:
- First open run box from windows search and type services.msc then hit enter top open the service window.
- Now point to the spooler and right click to open the properties click stop and hit on ok button.
- Now open Windows File Explorer then type this – %windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS in the address bar
- Select all the files in the Printer folder and delete them
- Now Again go to the spooler Properties and Click on start option then hit Ok button.
- Now Restart your computer now you can see print jobs will be clear and print function will work fine now.
Check And Make Sure Printer Is Set on Default Mode
In many cases your Epson printer goes offline because it’s not set as the default printer on the windows system.
Follow these steps to set your Epson printer as your default printer:
- First, open the Run Dialog Box from the windows Search
- Then type “control” and press Enter.
- Now point to ‘Devices and Printer’ from next windows and click over there
- From the next appearing windows of printer list select your printer and right click on it and make sure that there is a check mark on ‘Set as Default printer’ option. If not then select the option.
- Now you will be able to see a green check mark on your printer icon.
- Finally your Epson printer says offline error is resolved now.
Sometimes 'Epson Printer Says offline' Problem Occurs Due to Printer Driver Error:
Outdated or corrupted printer drivers may prevent your printer from printing. This error can be fixed by simply updating or reinstalling the drivers. Follow these instruction to to re-install printer driver:
- First of all, Open the ‘Control Panel’ from start menu.
- Now open ‘Add or remove program’ option and right click on the Epson printer driver from the list of programs. Thereafter, click on ‘Uninstall’ option from the popup menu to remove your old printer driver.
- Next go to the ‘Device and Printers’ again and click on ‘Add printer’ option.
- On the next display window, click on ‘Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer’.
- As per your Epson printer’s model number, install the software in Windows.
- After the completion of setup, restart your your system to check if your “Epson printer keeps going offline on Windows 10” error has been fixed or not.
Check Connection Between the Epson printer and PC
The ‘Epson printer goes offline’ error mostly occurs in Windows 7, 8 and 10. This happens when the computer fails to communicate with the printer.
However this error can be easily fixed by making sure that your Epson printer and PC are well connected with the USB. Incase if there is a fault with the Cable, replace it with a new one. Hopefully this should solve your problem of Epson printer keeps going offline in Windows 10.
Improper printer configuration or connection shows printer ‘Offline’ message on Mac device. Hence below we have explain the solution to fix ‘Epson printer says offline’ error on Mac device:
Reset Apple MAC ‘Print Settings’ Option:
Low internet connectivity may harm your printing system and show your Epson printer as ‘Offline’ on Mac. To fix this problems follow the below process-
- Open the ‘Apple’ menu and Click on the “System Preference” option.
- Go to the “Printer & Scanner ” section
- On the next window, right click on your shown Epson printer and then choose “Reset Printing System” option.
- Enter your Mac user name and password as asked on the next pop up box.
- Then Press ‘OK’ button.
- Now wait for some time until the printer list is displayed again.
- Thereafter add Epson printer using the ‘+’ icon.
- Now your Epson Printer will get back ‘Online’. You can do a test print to check if it’s printing fine.
By Deleting Extra Printer from MAC Device:
Sometimes ‘Offline’ error on Mac occurs when a same printer is installed multiple times. Follow the below given steps to fix ‘Epson printer says offline on MAC’ problem:
- Go the Apple Menu>System and Preference>Printer and Scanners
- A list of printers will appear from the ‘Printer and Scanner’ section.
- Delete extra added printer by clicking on the printer and selecting ‘-‘ sign from the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Now set your Epson “Idle Printer” as a “Default Printer”.
- Lastly restart your printer. This should resolve your printer’s ‘Offline’ error.
Conclusion: In this article we have discussed all the problems which can make your Epson printer ‘Offline’. Furthermore we have also explained the solutions for these problems for MAC and Windows. So the you do not need to worry about your problem of ‘Epson printer goes offline’.