Quick Guide for HP LaserJet P1102W Wireless Setup
HP printers are known for their features and durability. The HP LaserJet P1102W is one of the great examples of it. Due to its extensive features, sometimes the first time users find it very difficult to set up the printer in other devices. In this article, we have addressed that issue. You will find the setup guide for your new HP LaserJet P1102W printer on different devices and different operating systems in the article.
HP LaserJet P1102W wireless setup without CD
The HP LaserJet P1102W printer comes with a CD that assists the users in wirelessly set up the printer. Not only this HP printer, but many versions make use of this kind of CD. But sometimes it may happen than you lose your CD. Some of the users also find that their CD does not work out properly to set up the printer. Here is what to do in such a scenario and perform the wireless setup-
- If your printer is connected to the computer via a USB, then disconnect it for the time being. You should not connect the devices via the cable until the setup process prompts you to do so.
- On the search bar of your device, type “Control Panel” and click on the first option that appears in the search result. A new window will appear on the screen.
- In the new window, select the section “Programs.”
- Follow the setup process by choosing the first option in the resulting page, i.e., “Programs and features.” It will bring up all the software that is installed on your computer. Uninstall all the entries related to HP LaserJet printers.
- Once the un-installation is done, restart your device.
- Open the browser on your computer and go to the link: http://hp.care/2o1xShv. You will be able to perform HP LaserJet P1102W wireless setup download in the link. Make sure that you correctly choose all the entries and download the appropriate drivers.
- Double click on the drivers that you have downloaded just now and initiate the installation process.
- When the process will give you options, go for the connection through a wireless mode to the computer.
- Keep following the prompts and make your choices as per convenience and connect the computer to the printer when the process asks you to do so.
- After the set up is completed, you should print a configuration report of the printer. Make sure that the printer has the SSID name. You can print the report in two steps as follows-
- First, make sure that the printer is on, and the ready light is also positive.
- Now, press and hold the “Cancel” button your printer. Hold it until the ready light of the device starts to blink in response. At this point, the configuration report of the printer will be printed.
- Once the steps mentioned above are taken care of, disconnect the USB connection between the printer and the computer. The printer is ready to use over wireless network connection at this point.
HP LaserJet P1102W wireless setup Mac
Follow these steps to set up your HP LaserJet P1102 wirelessly to your Mac device-
- Plugin the chord of the printer to the power source and turn it on. Make sure that the error light is not indicating any error at present.
- Now, turn on your Mac device and connect it to the wireless network that you want to share with the printer. Make sure that the network is a stable one.
- Next, use a USB cable to connect your Mac device to the HP printer in concern.
- At this point, a popup window will appear on your Mac screen. It will ask for permission to download and install the necessary software for the printed version. Click on the “install” option to grant permission.
- The prompt of the license agreement will follow the permission. Read the terms correctly, and if you are satisfied with it, then click on the “agree” button at the bottom. This will automatically download and install the necessary software for your printer version.
- Once the installation is completed, click on the “Apple” icon at the start of your taskbar. It will bring up a list of menus. Select the “system preferences” option among them. It will bring up a new window.
- The new window will host several different categories. Select the “Printers & Scanners” section among them. It will bring up the listed printers on your device. Choose the concerned printer on the left sidebar and then click on the “Open Printer Queue” button, present at the main body of the window.
- In the new prompt window, click on “settings.” Follow it by choosing the “Utility” tab and then “Open Printer utility.”
- In the new window, click on the “HTML configuration” at the bottom of the left-hand side.
- Click on the “Networking” tab at the top. On the left sidebar, select “Wireless” under the “IPV4 Configuration.” On the main body of the window, change the status under the “Wireless” section from “disabled” to “enabled.”
- Click on “apply” and then on “Ok.”
- The setup process will return to the previous page of the “Wireless” setup. Under the “Network Name (SSID),” select the name of your shared network on the bottom right corner of the window. Then click on the button that displays the two arrows on the left-hand side of the network names.
- Choose the “Security Mode” from the drop-down menu at the bottom. You will need to do this only if the shared network has some security settings.
- Type the password of the shared network in the provided space. Click on “apply” at the bottom.
- It is time to return to the “Printers & Scanners” folder. Under the printers list on the left sidebar, click on the (+) sign.
- In the popup window, select the HP LaserJet P1102W printer. Then bring the drop-down menu in the “Use” section at the bottom and choose your printer name. Click on “add.”
- Again, return to the “Printers & Scanners” folder of the device. You will see the HP LaserJet P1102W printer twice on the left sidebar. One of these two is the USB version. Select this version and click on the (-) sign at the bottom.
- A prompt window will appear for your confirmation to delete this printer version. Click on the “Delete Printer” button. This marks the end of the wireless setup of your HP printer. Now you can seamlessly use the same over a wireless network.
HP LaserJet P1102W wireless setup Windows 10
If you are using Windows 10 in your computer and want to use the HP printer wirelessly, then set up the same with following steps-
- First, turn on your Windows system and the HP printer. Connect the computer to the wireless network that you want to use to connect to the printer. Make sure that the connection is a stable one. Keep the printer close to the computer.
- Open the browser on your computer and go to the link: 123.hp.com/laserjet. It will land you on the HP official page where you can directly download the compatible printer software. Click on the “Download” button to save the installation files on your computer.
- Go to the folder where the downloaded file will be hosted. By default, it should be in the “Download” folder unless you have changed it previously. Locate the file and double click on it to extract. It will open up the software.
- In the new window, click on the “Continue” button at the right bottom corner.
- The license agreement will show up next. Read the terms carefully and check the box next to “I have reviewed and accept the agreements and settings.” Then click on the “continue” option.
- The next page will be of “Printer found.” So make sure that it shows up the HP LaserJet P1102W printer that you are concerned about. Click on “Continue” once again.
- Let the process to complete the software installation. It will bring up the printers that it can find. If the desired printer is not shown, then click on the “My printer is not shown” button. Then click “continue.”
- Now, select “Wireless network,” followed by “continue.”
- On the next page, select “LaserJet printer” and then “continue.”
- Select the next option depending on the presence of a touch-screen control panel on your printer and click “continue.”
- Connect the computer to the printer via a USB. The screen will show up the credentials of the wireless network. The connection will be saved.
- You can remove the USB now. Then click on “continue.”
- Choose the “full software and driver” on the next page. Click on “continue.”
- Follow the prompts to finish the wireless setup process.
HP LaserJet P1102W wireless setup iPad
iPad or iPhone can be used as a virtual remote for your HP LaserJet P1102W printer. To do so, you will need to make use of the app called HP smart. It was formerly known as HP all in one printer remote. The app will let you control all the aspects of your printer, including cartridge ink check, printing, scanning, etc. Keep in mind that that you need iOS 9 or later in your device to use of the app. The app will let the users connect mobile devices and printers on the same network. It also allows the addition of a new printer to a network. Follow these steps to do the wireless setup of the printer with your iPad-
- Make sure that your iPad and the printer are connected to the same wireless network. Also, make sure that this wireless connection is a stable one. After confirming it, take your iPad and open the browser in it. Now, go to the website: 123.hp.com
- The last step will land you on the official page of HP, where you will be directly able to download the app. You will see the “Get the app” button in the middle of the page. Click on it to start the download.
- Once the installation is completed in your device, open the same. While using it for the first time in the device, you will find a welcome page to the app. Scroll down to the bottom of the welcome page. You will find the “start” button at the bottom. Click on it.
- Next, you will find the terms and conditions to use the app on your iPad. Read the requirements before proceeding to the next step. Once you are satisfied with the terms, check the box next to the phrase “I have reviewed and accept the agreements and settings” at the bottom of the page. Then click on the “continue” option beside it.
- You will encounter a popup window now. It will ask for permission to show up notifications from the app. You can configure the notification aspects in your device settings later. For the time being, click on the “allow” button of the popup window.
- After you have hit the allow button, the app will start to look for the printers that are connected to the same network as your iPad. The search may take a few moments to find all the printers in the network. If there is only one printer in the network, then it will be directly connected to your iPad at this point. If you have multiple printers connected to the same network, then you will find an additional option on the resulting page.
- On the next page, select the HP P1102W printer that you want to connect with the iPad wirelessly. If you’re going to add the printer to the network, then you will have to tap the “Add printer” option at the bottom.
- After clicking on the desired printer in the last step, the wireless setup is completed. Now you can control all the functions of your HP P1102W printer from your iPad device. You will find the options to scan, print, and ink level checking on the home page. You will also be able to troubleshoot printer problems from the iPad itself.
Choose your platform and follow these steps to set up your HP LaserJet P1102W printer wirelessly.