Quick Guide For HP LaserJet P1102W Wireless Setup
HP LaserJet P1102W wireless printer can be setup on different devices. We have listed the process for setup on both Windows and Mac operating system.
HP LaserJet P1102W Wireless Setup Without CD (Download Drivers First)
Follow and perform the below steps for HP Laserjet P1102W wireless setup without CD-
To setup HP Laserjet P1102W, first you need to download the drivers according to your device on which you will be using this Printer.
Download the drivers from the below link mentioned and after downloading the driver. You will be able to perform HP LaserJet P1102W wireless setup.
Now, click on the drivers that you have download and it will take some time to download the drivers.
Now when you clicked on the link, you will see a download has started. After downloading the drivers, try to install it First.
If you are using Windows 10 in your computer and want to use HP printer wirelessly, then set up the same with the following steps-
- Firstly, turn on your Windows system and your HP printer. Connect the computer to the wireless network that you want to use to connect to the printer. Keep the printer close to the computer.
- Open the browser on your computer and go to the link: 123.hp.com/laserjet. It will land you on the HP official page where you can directly download the compatible printer software. Click on the ‘download’ button to save the installation files on your computer.
- Now open the downloaded file to begin the setup process.
- Read the terms carefully of license agreement and check the box next to ‘I have reviewed and accept the agreements and settings’. Then click on the ‘continue’ option.
- The next page show you option of ‘printer found’. So from there select HP LaserJet P1102W printer and hit ‘continue’.
- After the software installation is completed, the setup will bring up the printers it can find. If the desired printer is not visible, then click on ‘my printer is not shown’ button and click on ‘continue’.
- Now select ‘wireless network’ and click on ‘continue’.
- On the next page, select your HP printer and click on continue.
- Now connect the computer to the printer using the USB cable. The screen will display the login details of the wireless network & the connection will be saved.
- Now remove the USB cable & click on continue.
- Choose full software and driver installation option from the next page and select continue.
- Lastly follow the given prompts to complete the wireless setup process.
iPad or iPhone can be used as a virtual remote for your HP LaserJet P1102W printer. To do so, you will need to make use of the HP smart app. This app will let you control all the aspects of your printer, including cartridge ink check, printing, scanning, etc. Keep in mind that that you need iOS 9 or later in your device to use this app. Furthermore this app allows the users to connect mobile devices and printers on the same network. It also allows the addition of a new printer to a network.
Follow these steps to do the wireless setup of the printer with your iPad-
- Make sure that your iPad and the printer are connected to the same wireless network. Now, go to the website: https://123.hp.com/us/en/printers/laserjet
- Now from this website download the HP smart app.
- Once the installation is completed in your device, open the same. Now scroll down to the bottom of the welcome page. You will find the ‘start’ button at the bottom. Click on it.
- Next, you will find the terms and conditions to use the app on your iPad. Read the requirements before proceeding to the next step and then check the box next to the phrase ‘I have reviewed and accept the agreements and settings’ located at the bottom of the page. Then click on the ‘continue’ option.
- A popup window will display now. It will ask for permission to show up notifications from the app. You can configure the notification aspects from your device settings if needed. Click on the “allow” button of the popup window.
- After you have press the allow button, the app will start to look for the printers that are connected to the same network as your iPad. The search may take a few moments to find all the printers in the network. If there is only one printer in the network, then it will be directly connected to your iPad at this point. If you have multiple printers connected to the same network, then you will find an additional option on the resulting page.
- On the next page, select the HP P1102W printer that you want to connect with the iPad wirelessly. If you’re going to add the printer to the network, then you will have to tap on ‘add printer’ option located at the bottom.
- After clicking on the desired printer in the last step, the wireless setup will be completed. Now you can control all the functions of your HP P1102W printer from your iPad device.
HP laserjet P1102W Wireless Setup On Windows other versions ( XP , 7 and 8)
- After the driver setup of HP Laserjet P1102W wireless printer, go for the connection through a wireless mode to the computer.
- Keep following the prompts and make your choices as per the shown setup and connect the computer to the printer with the USB .
- After the set up is completed successfully, you should print a configuration report of the printer. Make sure that the printer has the SSID name.
You can print the report in two steps-
- First, make sure that the printer is on, and the ready light is Green.
- Second, press and hold the ‘cancel’ button of Laserjet printer. Hold it until the ready light of the device starts to blink in response. At this point, the configuration report of the printer will be printed.
- Once the steps mentioned above are taken care of, disconnect the USB connection between the printer and the computer.
- Finally the HP Laserjet P1102w wireless printer is ready to use over wireless network connection.
HP laserjet P1102W Wireless Setup On Mac
Follow these steps to setup your HP LaserJet P1102 wirelessly to your Mac device-
- Firstly turn on your printer and make sure that there is no error light on the printer and your printer is in ready status.
- Now, turn on your Mac device and connect it to the wireless network that you want to share with the printer.
- Next, Connect MAC Device to the Printer Using the USB Cable.
- A pop-up window will display on the screen automatically. It will ask for permission to download and install the necessary software . Click on the “install” option to grant permission.
- The prompt of the license agreement will follow the permission. Read the terms correctly, and if you are satisfied with it, then click on the ‘agree’ button . This will automatically download and install the necessary software for your printer version.
- Once the installation is complete, click on the ‘Apple’ icon and open ‘system preferences’.
- Next, you have to click on ‘printers and scanners’ section.
- Then click on ‘open print queue’ and press the ‘printer setup’ button.
- Now click on ‘settings’ and press on the ‘utility’ button and click on ‘open printer utility’ button.
- In the new window click on the ‘HTML configuration’ at the bottom of the left-hand side.
- Thereafter click on the ‘networking’ tab and select ‘Wireless’ under the ‘IPV4 Configuration’. Now under the ‘Wireless’ section, change the status from ‘disabled’ to ‘enabled’.
- Click on ‘apply’ and select ‘Ok’.
- Now go back on the previous page of wireless setup. Under the ‘Network Name (SSID)’ select the name of your shared network from the bottom right corner of the window. Then click on the button that displays the two arrows on the left-hand side of the network names.
- Under the authentication field, choose the ‘Security Mode’ from the drop-down menu at the bottom and type the network password correctly and click on ‘apply’ button.
- Now again return to ‘printers & scanners’ and click on the (+) sign.
- From the popup window select HP LaserJet P1102W printer. Then bring the drop-down menu in the ‘use’ section at the bottom and choose your printer name. Click on ‘add’.
- Finally, HP Laserjet P1102w wireless printer will be setup on MAC and will be ready to print.
Choose Your Model for Setup, Driver Download or Troubleshooting
HP Envy Printers
Our Technician can solve your all HP Envy Printer issue. Call Us Now to get your issue resolve today.
HP OfficeJet Pro Printers
To find a solution for your HP OfficeJet Printer, Call Us right away to resolve all the issues facing today.
HP DeskJet Ink Printers
To find a solution for your HP DeskJet Printers, Call our expert and get your issues fix today.
HP LaserJet Printers
Looking for guidance on your HP Laserjet Printers, Get your all issues fixed on a call with our experts.