Ways To Resolve HP Printer Carriage Jam Error
HP Printer Carriage Jam Issues & Its Fixes
This article explains the reason for HP printer carriage jam error along with its fix. The cartridge jam error may erupt due to many reasons such as-
- Paper jam in the rear access door of the printer.
- The presence of torn pieces of paper being stuck in the roller
- Due to the possibility of a foreign object hindering the cartridge path
- And lastly due to the need of computer system and printer rebooting.
For easy and cost-effective HP printer cartridge jam error troubleshooting read on to the next section.
Fixing a Carriage Jam in HP Printer - Just Have a Look
All in One Solution to Fix HP Printer Carriage Jam Error
Look For Any Stuck Paper or Object on The Cartridge Path :
Now for the next step to troubleshoot HP printer carriage jam error is to check the printer for any stuck paper or any foreign object obstructing the path of the hp printer cartridge.
- Firstly , turn on HP printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the HP printer & remove the plug from the power source.
- Make Sure that all connected cables are removed.
- Open printer lid to reveal cartridge carriage.
- Ensure that carriage should be at the right side of the printer. If not then manually move the carriage to the right.
- If the carriage does not move, you must look for any object or particle obstructing the movement.
- Next, You have to remove paper jam or foreign objects.
- Then move the cartridge carriage manually to the left side. Repeat same kind of checking & remove any obstruction and return the carriage to the right side.
- Make sure that there is no obstruction and close the printer lid.
- Re plugin the power cord & other used cables. Connect the printer power cord as well.
- Finally, Turn on the printer & wait for it to warm up.
- Run a test of any print.
If still facing carriage jam error move on to the next step.
Gently Move Cartridge & Clear HP Printer Cartridge Printheads:
- Slowly and carefully move the cartridge back and forth without being too harsh to its movement to ensure that the print heads are clean and in good working condition.
- In case if it’s not clean, use a soft dry cloth to clean it gently.
- Thereafter plug the printer back to power and perform a print check.
- If all is ok that mean problem will resolver either move on next steps.
Plug The System Directly To Wall Socket:
- Unplug the printing system from the existing operational power strips and plug the power cord directly to an electrical outlet.
- Try re-connecting the power cord to the rear of the HP printer and turn on the printer.
- Now the HP printer carriage jam error must have been possibly gone for you to work on it efficiently.
Try Rebooting The Printing System:
Do A Keen Visual Inspection:
After restarting the device if still your HP printer cartridge jam error persists, follow the below steps-
- Turn the printer off to perform a visual inspection for any jammed paper.
- Remove the rear access door by lifting the left and right tabs.
- Carefully remove any jammed paper or pieces of torn paper if any from the rollers and replace the rear access door.
- And Push out the paper tray check the paper is properly inserted and put it again.
- Now Start again the HP printer and test a print hopefully this Carriage jam error in hp printer will resolved.
Time To Seek HP Printer Technical Support:
If all of the above tricks didn’t work for you then it becomes imperative to seek professional help for the good and long functioning of your printer .HP provides an assistant software application know as ‘HP smart app’ which can help you in identifying the root cause of the problem. This application is available for both Windows and Mac operating system and can be downloaded HP’s website.
Hope the article helped you in correctly identifying the issue for the HP printer cartridge problem and thereby assisted you in troubleshooting the same. However if you still not able to fix this error, you can reach us by calling on our helpline number.
For Information and Reference Link: Click Here…
Choose Your Model for Setup, Driver Download or Troubleshooting
HP Envy Printers
Our Technician can solve your all HP Envy Printer issue. Call Us Now to get your issue resolve today.
HP OfficeJet Pro Printers
To find a solution for your HP OfficeJet Printer, Call Us right away to resolve all the issues facing today.
HP DeskJet Ink Printers
To find a solution for your HP DeskJet Printers, Call our expert and get your issues fix today.
HP LaserJet Printers
Looking for guidance on your HP Laserjet Printers, Get your all issues fixed on a call with our experts.