HP Printer keeps showing offline status. Read this space to know all about it.
Hewlett Packard printer abbreviated as HP printer is an American company founded in 1984. Hp has dominated the market in terms of its demand and competitive prices and varieties that it has on offer. Printer plays an indispensable part in our lives as it has greatly impacted the literacy rate, now the readership has expanded to a much wider level than before. In the earlier times, reading was an expensive business and it was limited to just a few privileged ones. The coming of the printing press in 1439 gave an impetus to the concept of printing. Printing is required in almost every sphere as in offices, one’s business, schools, at homes etc. Thus a user should be cognizant of hp printer is offline feature of the printer, what it actually symbolizes and how to bring it back to “Online’ mode, in simple terms in operational mode.
While working on your system, if your HP printer keeps going“Offline “ then it most certainly means that it is unable to receive any commands from your system and thereby unable to carry out its functions.
It is quite understandable how frustrating it can get if your print goes into the offline mode while you are in the middle of some important work. To assist you on it the company has come up with the support system for its users in the name of HP support assistant, that has been installed in computers from the year 2012. In the aforementioned section, we have stated the issues leading to the “HP Printer is Offline” status and the ways to rectify them. Read on!
HP Printer is Offline - Check for the Basic Connections:
Many times hp printer shows “Offline” status when it is not properly connected to your computer, or there arises some network issue leading to the printing error. Check for the same to progress with the printing function.
HP Printer is Offline – Cancel the Previous Stuck Commands and Restart the System Afresh:
In many cases when HP printer says “Offline”, the fault gets rectified by canceling all the former printing command traffic and starting the printer afresh.
HP Printer is Offline – Remove and Reinstall the Printing Machine:
If the above-mentioned steps don’t work for hp printer is offline issue try removing your system and reinstalling it. To remove the system, open “Drivers and Devices” from the start option and right click on your printer model and select “Remove’. In order to reinstall the same connect the printer to your computer and with the USB cable and turn it on.
- Turn on the printing system and open the computer settings.
- From the screen select “Change PC Settings” and open “PC and devices” and thereafter select “Devices”.
- Click on “Add a device” and select your printer option to end the reinstalling process.
HP Printer is Offline – Check and Deactivate the Automated Offline Commands:
Sometimes the hp printer is offline and pause printing commands are activated automatically impeding the printing function. In the aforementioned steps, we have mentioned the way to turn of such automated commands, scroll down and read on.
- From the window button, look for “Devices and Printers” and select it.
- From the next page select the icon of your installed printer.
- Right click on the icon and click “See what’s printing”.
- On the upper left corner of the next page click on the “Printer” menu, and click to remove any check marks next to “Pause printing” or “Use Hp printer offline” options.
Do away with the obsolete driver and download a new one for your system:
An outdated driver for your hp printer may also create the hp printer “Offline” problem. In such a case it is best to download the latest, most suitable driver for your system. Follow the mentioned steps to download the driver for your system:
- After downloading and installing the Driver Easy software click on Driver Easy and select “Scan Now Button”.Wait till the software scans for any problem devices.
- In order to download the most appropriate driver for your device, click on “Update” option next to your HP printer in your Driver Easy screen.
To uninstall the driver, read on :
- Open the installed “Driver Easy” and from the options on the left column, click “Tools”.
- From among the options click on “Driver Uninstall”.
- Look for your HP device to be uninstalled and click on “Uninstall” button on the bottom right corner of the screen, you may also click on “Update All “
Make the best use of the HP Support Assistant option in your HP system and for much comprehensive knowledge for our readers, hope the above mentioned easy and useful tricks will come to your use when comes across the “HP Printer is Offline” status by your printer. For more such helpful tech articles, keep reading this space.