HP Printer Offline- Learn How To Get Printer Back Online
One of the most frequently occurring problems is the HP printer offline error which occurs without any apparent reason. Therefore in this writeup we have explained the causes for this problem along with it’s troubleshooting steps. So whenever you are in a situation where you HP printer keeps going offline, just follow the instructions given in the below section.
Why Is My HP Printer Showing Offline Status ?
Make Sure 'Use Printer Offline' Mode Is Not Selected
HP wireless printer goes offline if “Use printer in offline mode” is selected. Therefore a user must ensure that this option is not selected. The navigation for rectifying this setting is as follow-
- Select the ‘start’ menu- click on ‘settings’
- Click on ‘devices’ – ‘printer and scanners’
- Now from the listed printers, select and right click on your HP printer.
- Thereafter from the menu, uncheck the option of “Use Printer Offline”. Now your Hp printer will come back in online mode.
Ensure your printer is "Set as default printer" to fix HP printer offline issue
If your HP printer keeps going offline on your Windows 10 or any other operating system, follow these given troubleshooting steps –
- Click on Windows button and type in ‘Run’. Now type ‘Control Panel’ in the dialogue box and press ‘OK’.
- Click on the ‘Device and Printer’ option after which you will see your listed HP printer. If your printer has a green check mark, it means that your printer is already ‘set as default’.
- If not then right click on your printer and click the option of “Set as a default printer”.
- Now your printer will successfully work and printer offline problem will no longer be visible in your HP printer.
Check Printer Driver - Remove or Update Outdated Version
HP printer always shows offline error incase of an outdated or corrupted printer driver. Follow these steps to update or re-install driver on your Windows.
- Go to the Windows search and find “Device Manager” and click on it
- Now expand the section where it says ‘Printers’.
- Now from the expanded section, locate your printer’s model number and ‘Right Click’ on it and click on ‘Update Driver’ option.
- Next press on the ‘search automatically’ option and wait for your printers driver to update. Once the process is completed, restart your computer.
- If you want to re-install your driver, go to ‘control panel’ and click on ‘remove programs’ and uninstall your existing HP printer driver. Thereafter download your printer’s driver from HP’s website and install it. To know more about this process, Click Here.
After following the above troubleshooting steps you will never experience the problem where your HP printer goes offline in Windows 10 or any other operating system.
Troubleshoot Printer Spooler Settings
HP printer shows offline message when printer spooler is stopped. To fix this, follow these steps-
- First of all, open ‘Run’ dialog box and type “Services.msc”and Click on “OK”
- Now from the listed items, locate the option of “Print Spooler”
- Right click on it and slect “Stop” option to pause the print spooler services.
- Next click on the address bar from the ‘Windows File Explorer’ and type C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer and click on ‘OK’.
- Now delete all the files from printer folder to clear the printing queue.
- Thereafter, go back to “Print Spooler” and right click on it and select “Start” option to resume the spooler service again.
- Lastly, restart your computer and printer and your complain of “HP printer Says offline” will be gone.
These steps will help the user to bring back the HP printer from offline to online in Windows 10 or in any other operating system.
Other Important Factor Due To Which 'HP Printer Shows Offline'
Whenever your HP printer says offline, always consider these factors-
- In case of a wireless connection, always ensure that you printer and computer are on same Wi-Fi network. To know more about connecting your HP printer to wireless network, click here.
- Once the HP printer is configured in the computer, always reboot your system so that the settings of HP printer can be saved.
- Paper jams, low ink levels, voltage fluctuations, lack of compatibility are other reasons that may cause your printer to go offline.
Check Your Wire Connection When HP Printer Goes Offline
In some cases, HP printer keeps going offline due to improper connection. To fix this follow the given steps-
- Check if USB cable’s both end are properly connect to printer and computer. If you have wireless connection make sure the printer and router connectivity is compatible.
- Also make sure that the power cable intact without any cuts and is connected properly between printer and power socket.
HP Printer Keeps Going Offline ? Check For Netork Connection Error
You may often face a situation where your HP printer keeps going offline.
- One of the key reasons for the printer showing offline is the issue with its Wifi connectivity.
- Another key reason for the HP printer to be offline is that its IP address is not configured properly in the laptop or the desktop.
Hence an error message pop’s up saying “Printer is offline”. To ensure that the IP address is configured properly, follow the given steps-
- Open ‘HP configuration screen’.
- Click on ‘networking tab’ from settings.
- Select the IP address option from the drop down menu
- Click on the manual setting option and enter the accurate IP address correctly.
These steps will allow you to eradicate the error that comes due to the wrong IP address.
In order to avoid the HP printer from being offline, you need to make sure that all printer drivers are accurately installed & updated. Constant and timely updating of system settings and printer drivers eradicates the possible errors that can occur while using the printer.
When a user face printer challenges, Hp printer offline fix can easily achieved by following the troubleshooting steps given in this article. One of the key ways to rectify the issue is by selecting the WiFi printing option from the printer by pressing the Wifi button. Thereafter go to ‘Network setting’ from the system to see range of available printers. As a user you need to select your printer from the listed printers. Post this step your print tasks can be completed as it will show you HP printer is online.
If the above given solution not working for you, don't worry, run our dignostic tool to resolve the issue
HP Envy Printers
Our Technician can solve all your HP Envy Printer issue. Call Us Now to get your issue resolve today.
HP OfficeJet Pro Printers
Facing issues on HP OfficeJet Printer, Call Us right away and we will resolve all the issues you are facing today.
HP DeskJet Ink Printers
To find a solution for your HP DeskJet Printers, Call our expert and get your issues fix today.
HP LaserJet Printers
Looking for guidance on your HP Laserjet Printers, Get your all issues fixed on a call with our experts.
More posts: hp printer goes offline HP Printer is Offline hp printer keeps going offline hp printer keeps going offline windows 10 HP Printer Offline hp printer offline fix hp printer offline mac hp printer offline windows 10 hp printer says offline hp printer says offline windows 10 hp printer showing offline hp printer showing offline status why my hp printer is showing offline why my hp printer keeps going offline