Hp printer abbreviated as Hewlett Packard is an American company founded in 1984. Hp has dominated the market in terms of its demand and competitive prices and varieties that it has on offer.Hp Envy printer, one of the ranges of the Hp printers has the following distinguishing features that makes it a user’s favorite.
- It provides the print speed ISO up to 14 ppm black and also up to 9ppm colour.
- A user can easily go from a memory card to photo printout with much ease.
- It is efficiently instant ink ready and yields a high amount of ink.
- It is a multipurpose printer that prints, scans, and copies.
The present writeup talks about the reasons that lead the Hp envy printer offline or not showing online status and also provides the appropriate solution to troubleshoot the same.The reasons that may lead to the printer’s offline status include an error between the computer device and the printer, a defected cable connection or as basic as a paper jam.Offline printer status might also be a result of a defected printer driver or software. In the aforementioned section we have listed these issues and some other that may lead to the Hp printer is Offline status along with their appropriate solutions.Read on!
Reasons that may lead to your Hp Envy Printer Offline status along with the easy troubleshooting steps.
1.The issue might be with the basic connection!: Most commonly the hp envy printer Offline shown status when it is not properly connected to your computer, or there arises some network issues leading to the printing error. Check for the same to progress with the printing function. Carefully check whether both the ends of the USB cable are firmly inserted. You can also try using a different cable to ensure that the fault is not with the cable.
2.Setting hp envy printer to “Online” manually might get it back to the Online status: Follow the steps below to set the hp envy printer to “Online” manually.
- On the bottom left corner of the screen, go to the “Start” icon, thereafter choose”Control panel” and then “Devices and Printers”.
- Right-click on your printer icon and tap on “See what’s printing”.
- Now from the very next window that opens, choose “Printer”.
- At last from the drop-down menu, select “Use printer online” option.
3.The hp Envy printer yes offline status might be a result of the pending print jobs, clear them!: Clear the pending printing jobs to get back the printer’s “Online” status by following the below easy steps.
- First of all, from the Start icon, select “Control panel” and then “Devices and Printers”.
- Right-click on your printer icon and tap on “See what’s printing” and right-click and cancel any previous print jobs present.
- After removing the print jobs, select “Use printer online” yet again.
Please note: Even after removing the previous print jobs, if any still exist , try and reinstate both your computer and printer.
4.Removing and reinstalling your Hp envy printer can be a good troubleshooting step , try that!:This can be done with the following two simple steps.
- As the first step ,from the Start icon, select “Control panel” and then “Devices and ”.
- Now from the Devices and Printers, right-click the printer and select the “Remove device” option.
- Now select “Add a printer option” from the Devices and printer and re-add your printer.
5.Your Hp envy printer might be requiring a fresh reinstallation of the drivers. Read this section!: Carefully follow the below steps to reinstall the printer drivers and get back the printers’ “Online status.
- As the first step of the procedure , go to “Settings” , then “Printers” and select the printer.
- Secondly, right-click on your given printer and choose the “Properties” option.
- Select the “Driver” button generally present under the “General” or “Details” option and proceed to the next step.
- Here you would be required to download the driver from your Hp printer’s official website.
- Reinstall your printer and under printer in the settings menu, select your printer.
- Now from the menu delete your printer option and reinstall it again using “Add printer” wizard.
You are now ready to use the latest printer from the printer manufacturer’s website.
You also have the advantage to make the best use of the HP Support Assistant option in your HP system and for much comprehensive knowledge for our readers, hope the above mentioned easy and useful tricks will come to your use when comes across the hp envy printer“Offline” status by your printer. For more such helpful tech articles, keep reading this space.